Frustration with dealerships

Hey all,

Does anybody have any tips or recommendations for dealing with Dealerships in the Indianapolis/Chicago area for Chevy dealerships. It’s just so much back and forth of “what payment are you looking for”, “well just come in and test drive”, “I don’t think you understand how leases work”, etc. This has been dealing with several dealerships. I’ve been trying to handle everything through e-mail as I have some incentives that I qualify for such as Graduation, Lease Conquest, and a special target offer that stacks with all other offers but every one appears to just be clueless and pushy for in person mutli-hour sitdowns without providing any real information first.

If anybody has any contacts in the Indianapolis through Chicago area for a Chevy dealership, please let me know. I’m looking either for a 2017 Volt or a 2016 Malibu.

My early lease trade in deal on my 2014 Volt ends in just a couple days so I only have a few days, otherwise I’m getting away from the Chevy brand in January when my lease properly ends.

1 Like

I am kind of having the same issue with them. Best thing when I leased my Grand Cherokee 2 years ago to simply go down there, tell them you ready to buy and this is what you want to pay based on the information you have. Do not waste time in there too much. If they give the run around just walk out. I was looking to lease a 300S and still got the run around. The dealer I leased the jeep from gave me the best deal and was upfront because he knew I was no non sense. Be charming and firm at the same time. Talk to the manager personally and tell him you understand they have to make money as well but you do not want to be taken to the cleaners either. Leave some money on the table as well. 10 bucks a month is worth the premium of getting the car you want. When I leased the Jeep I tolde the manager they can only mark up the MF to this and he can go ahead and do it. (I think it was only 50 basis points more). Charming and firm is the best way.

You can email them the exact deal you want or you can go there and tell them the exact deal you want. Your have to be exact to the last detail before they realize you know what you’re talking about.

Do the work for them and they will eventually agree to it.

Well, what are you looking for? Another Volt? If you are looking for a '17, check out this post of mine for a start: '17 Volt LT lease in MD; effectively $168, $0 due at signing

1 Like

if you’re alright with fading a 700$ shipping fee I’ll get you done…

Do you have the Lease Loyalty Pullhead program?

I have been upfront with exactly what I know and what I have and what the numbers should be, at least as a starting point. I started mentioning money factor and residual to one sales person and his literally response was “You don’t know what you’re talking about”. I quickly ended that conversation. When I’ve present the information or what I’m looking for at other dealerships, it always turns into “Come in and talk to us and test drive, we know you’ll love it!”.

I’m open to a Malibu or a Volt but so far the dealerships have been providing me the run around all around Indiana. One lady I talked to today said she couldn’t provide me any numbers other than the ones listed on Chevy’s website without me coming in and them providing a trade in value on my car?

Randy, I did get an e-mail from Chevy about trading in my lease early as long as I get it by August 31st plus extra money towards a new Chevy. I’m not sure about a $700 shipping fee, it would depend on what offer you could provide and how exactly that would work. I qualify for a few extra incentives too. Feel free to PM me and provide me what numbers you can and we’ll see if we can figure something out.

What Malibu or volt are you looking for?

2017 Volt base, or 2016 Malibu 1LT

Convenience, safety, or leather packages necessary on the Malibu?

3160 rebates, .96 apr/MF, 15k residual 54% (+2 or +3 for 12/10) 39 months; 9.5% discount unless you’re supplier, college student, or supplier employee.

39/39
Monthly Payment (Excl. Tax): $201
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $215
Drive Off: $700
First month’s payment incl. tax: $215
Down payment: $0
Registration and doc fee: $480
Tax on cap cost reduction and fees: $6
Leasehackr Score: 10.8 years
Disposition Fee: $395
Total Lease Cost: $8,852

The only package on the 2016 Malibu I’m looking for is the Convenience/Tech package.

I also qualify for lease conquest as I own a current Subaru lease.

I also qualify for the graduate/student discount.

I’m looking at 12K/36 for the most part.

Same with the 2017 Volt, but I only need base on that.

In area I used:

Manny Reyes
Sales & Leasing Consultant
Castle Chevrolet
400 E Roosevelt Rd
Villa Park, IL 60181
C:773-677-5450
O:630-279-5552
F:630-279-2126
mreyes@castleguy.com

Got the 16 Malibu Limited LT for $47/mo $0 down ($1047 due at signing). Without volt credit. Be patient and guide them through the process by being educated about the car. Sales managers from various brands now call me to help them figure out leases.

Hey,

Your malibu deal sounds interesting. Did you mean 147 or 47/month?

Can you let me know the general information on your deal though? MSRP, sales price, etc? If it’s not too much to ask.

senwia, what month did you close your deal? MSRP?

30015 MSRP
26800 Sale Price
.0004 MF/59% residual 36/30
3160 lease cash (Bonus Cash + Malibu Pull ahead)
$212/mo

@Randy_Haddox @jbreality it’s Long gone it was $47/mo and it was 6 months ago. You can find it by searching this forum. For the Malibu Limited (old body style), I don’t quite remember the details.

Ah yes. We cleared that inventory quickly. There 8k+ in rebates available at the time.

Frustration: watch that word. I have found it very helpful to reset when I hear myself using it. Rather than suffering some injustice, how can I act to get a good result?

The education and sharing happening in this thread is an example of that positive response. Thanks for starting this topic!

1 Like

So dealing with my local dealership has been a better experience. I don’t think they are flexible enough on price so I think I may pass on till when my lease is actually over in Feb vs. the pull ahead offer, but they’ve showed me all the numbers and they all match what they should. Since they are the only Chevy dealership in town they just aren’t willing to lower the sales price before incentives to below the 25980 GM Supplier price vs 26750 MSRP. So my payment is still 230 with 530 out of pocket after taxes when if I’m going with another Chevy I want it under 200. That seems to be their final offer with only 2 days left to make a deal before my coupons expire.

It’s 6 months ago and it’s long gone and you can’t remember? Do you change cars like you change socks? Lol