Yet Another M340i signed: $62,570 MSRP, 36/10 @ $561 + tax + drive-offs, no MSDs

Our two year old just started preschool so my wife goes into a panic and decides we need a second 4-door car ASAP. It so happens that I’ve been eyeing the M340i since it got called a “rocket” by Car & Driver. So I text Paul @legendsauto and he had a sick deal, but it would take time + $ to ship from LA. Then I google “internet sales manager” and email my local dealer who has a 2020 on the lot with the options we wanted with this exact email (that I lifted heavily from a brilliant post by @bro1999), and you are welcome to copy paste any/all of it as needed:

Hi [name of internet sales manager],
I’m wondering if you’re gunning for clearing out your 2020s? If so, I’d love to do a 36 month, 10k mile a year lease on the 2020 M340i you have on the lot (stock #L8B44299). I have first tier credit, qualify for $1000 loyalty and $500 lease to lease (turned in BMW end of October 2019 VIN #WBA8E9G54GNU30666). So with the $1000 lease cash/credit (total $2,500 untaxed incentives) if you can add 10% off the $62,570 MSRP, that would get us to $611/month (including tax in my zip code 94066) with $2,345 Drive-offs. I’m using this month’s residual and money factor from BMW FS of 58% and .00082 respectively. I would also need the car delivered to my house. I know this is a very tall order. Can you make it happen? If so, we will pay the Drive-offs and sign immediately.

He responded within 12 hours with a yes. I signed that exact deal shortly after, and had the car delivered the next day. Technically I ended up with about a 10.3% discount before rebates/incentives because I messed up the calc somehow when I emailed him, thankfully in my favor. Not a killer deal, but I’ll take it in these times. Particularly with the wife telling me to “get a car today!”

The dealer’s immediate positive response makes me think that if you were willing to hit up a few dealers or wait til closer to the end of the month, some definite 11-12% plus discounts pre-incentives could be had on this car. Especially on the 2020’s. MSD’s would have gotten us to $529+tax, but we’re deluding ourselves into believing we can save enough to buy a house in the Bay Area. If it’s helpful to anyone as a data point, I did email four different dealers about their sub $80k 2020 X3M’s asking for a 14% discount on top of $4500 total incentives (not sure that incentive number’s actually accurate) and got 2 nopes and 2 never heard froms.

CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKRimage image

20 Likes

Good on you for giving the sales guy his most painless transaction of the month. I’m sure new car sales is rough right now. That’s a very reasonable offer and it sounds like you were able to get it nailed down quick and easy. Congrats!

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 3

Enjoy the car and thank you for the tips :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! Congrats on this beauty. For the 2020 model there is also $1000 conquest if I recall correctly. I just have one question and I know this may seem strange, but would it be reasonable to expect the same kind of deal for a 2021 model at the end of this year? Or should I hunt down a 2020?

1 Like

Several brokers have been offering new 2021 builds with 10% discount. If you don’t mind the wait you can go that route and custom order your vehicle to your taste.

2 Likes

LOL, as a gen Z this had me rolling.

Congrats!

3 Likes

I am seriously considering that now

3 Likes

Great post and solid deal. Did a bird already poop on the hood haha

1 Like

Wow, a shout out from @hersheysweet, my knees just got a little wobbly.

2 Likes

Yes, I believe there’s $1000 conquest also that doesn’t stack with loyalty, but I’d double check that with someone who knows what they’re talking about. As for percentage off MSRP, I’d hit up all the dealers in your area with your requested 11%+ off MSRP then report back.

:shushing_face: I decided to spoon feed him.

We both live in the Bay Area so if you wouldn’t mind, could you tell where you got it from? Weatherford is the only good dealer I know about here.

1 Like

Any particular reason for googling ‘internet sales manager’ specifically?

1 Like

Yes, they often don’t have to check with a manager and can make deals themselves.

2 Likes

I got this one from San Rafael, ended up being super easy to work with.

1 Like

Kudos on the vehicle and the write-up, I’m glad to see I’m not the only one cross-shopping the X3M and M340i (and in my case used M3’s). The M340i is still good value for the performance even in the current market.

1 Like

Thanks, will definitely try them out

Congrats on your new car! Very solid deal indeed.

Awesome car. I was lucky enough to take one on a track at a BMW event. Was totally impressed with the performance and solid road manners.

Enjoy it and good job on nailing the deal.