Wrangler 392 spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

There’s no risk in ordering one

2 Likes

No, there isn’t, but why bother if I for sure won’t take delivery?

Well, if you know you absolutely won’t take delivery, then yah. I figure I can wait and see what happens and then evaluate the market if/when the vehicle shows up. I can’t see there being a major market shift in the time it takes the car to leave the dealer to when it shows up at my door.

1 Like

In situations like these could the dealer technically back out of their word as there is no deposit?

Probably, but Jeep doesn’t take too kindly to that.

1 Like

I can confirm, don’t forget a stupid wide grin and if you’re weird like @chrishs2000

Lack of pants, and or abundance of baby oil… god this forum is sometimes weird,

2 Likes

Pretty sure rule no. 1 of #wranglerlyfe is

No doors: no shirt.

1 Like

Do it I have a Durango SRT on order with them. They will sell it if you back out.

And at more than 90% of MSRP too :slight_smile: I honestly think this dealer is being crazy like a fox.

I think this dealer is trying to get every single possible order they can in and hope that a good chunk of them are canceled so they actually have some inventory to sell during the next 6 months.

Winner You Win GIF by Dave & Buster's

1 Like

Bingo! No deposit required on anything

Do you have the 2022 pricing sheet? I know someone posted before but i have to dig deep :joy:

I posted the 4xe one in the 4xe thread. I can dig up the 392 one

1 Like

Placed an order for Tuscadero, SOT, tow and GG.

Does anyone have any insight into whether or not stellantis is tracking customer names of orders that do not get accepted by the customet? I think we all know that various manufacturers have blackball lists of various types (known exporters, etc.), So I wonder if stellantis (with as picky as they seem to be about the amount of time that an owner holds one of their vehicles before selling it is) has or will have a manner to track such things. It is known for sure that there are ramifications at the dealer level for cars ordered under a customer name which are then sold as inventory, I’m just curious if there will be ramifications at the customer level at some point.

They definitely have a known exporter list, but beyond that I don’t know.

I ran a quick Carvana estimate on a 2021 392 with 2k miles and the offer was only $55k

Yeah that’s not right lol

When I tried running 392s at carmax etc almost none wanted to give a offer on the spot