Wrangler 392 spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

I’m particularly partial to the bronze accents on the hydro blue…given that I got one from Chapman.

But I would really like to move this one and get a 22 in Tuscadero (debating on XR or not).

3 Likes

Honestly, I haven’t even priced out the lease. If I accept delivery, it’ll be because I have a solid idea of what I can get for it. Floating $1k/mo for a few months is inconsequential.

I think Snazzberry looks the best on the 392 actually. Let me check out Hydro some more as I like that one as well.

I can’t come up with a good reason to not do a loud, obnoxious color on one of these. It’s a stupid car. It deserves to embrace the ridiculousness. Helps that the LE colors hold their value better.

1 Like

Just looked at the order guide again. Seems Snazzberry is back for 2022?

Agree there, just concerned if the ability to get out of it closes. I would rather be “stuck” paying $1,000-$1,200 on something like an M product than a Jeep.

2 Likes

It does seem to be available on 22 orders right now.

It’s a valid concern and something to keep in mind when looking at the market before taking delivery. I would certainly keep a very close watch on the market the whole time of holding one of these at that price.

To confirm, one of the brokers here sent me a sample calc a few days ago. I think my basic spec was around $1,013 with minimal down. I suppose I view cars in a payment tier model. $1,000+ would have to check more boxes.

Will have to track the market carefully.

It’s possible a 48 on one of these would be smarter, especially if you’re not keeping it very long… I have not calculated it recently, but did a quick and dirty a while back and the payment was lower on the 48 by pretty good amount.

I think the box this car is checking for folks is resale and some fun along the way. A current $1000/mo BMW for instance is probably not going to have the potential for zero/low cost on a quick drive and sell arrangement.

That said, no one should get into one of these if they can’t stomach being stuck with it.

What’s the potential for one to make on one of these on a flip?

Haven’t been too focused on 392’s. I don’t think I could stomach being stuck with a $1k payment and a gas guzzling V8 truck in the event something went south.

2 Likes

I don’t know that the flip profit potential is any better than the 4xe, but there will definitely be much more giggling like a school girl during the process.

1 Like

So much this!

A colleague of mine from Germany flew in this weekend. Picked him up at his hotel Sunday night to go to dinner and I took the 392, thinking that he sees plenty of German/European fun cars. He drives a BMW 6 Series GT at home. He couldn’t stop laughing out loud when I stomped on the gas. He loved it.

3 Likes

Agree the fun factor is there. I think I’d prefer another 4XE for a daily. The 48-month lease is a good avenue to consider. For the “flippability” question, I think we just need a larger data set for people that have gotten in and out of these 392s. I don’t need to make money on the flip, but I don’t want to lose any either.

post deleted

Doesn’t make a bit of difference. You’re always comparing the delta between the adjusted cap cost less base payments and the purchase offer.

Only time it’d make a difference is if you were in a state that taxes upfront, in which case you’d want to do the shortest term you could.

2 Likes

Group buy for 392? anyone? haha

If you are a gambler-----

1 Like

Oh my gosh…

I’m not sure I can stomach the risk on this one, but I want to…