Wrangler 392 spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

If money is not a problem
The 392 will have you on the urge to drive it all the time !

1 Like

Haha money is a problem and it’s not. Could probably swing it, but already have money committed to a few other toys (GT4 coming in October, RS6 avant deposit placed and awaiting allocation to replace S5 sportback). Too many fun options out there.

Sounds like money is not a problem
Take the 392

Life is too short to drive a boring car

3 Likes

Can’t argue with that

If you enjoy the Wrangler, which it seems you do, you’ll love the 392. I know I certainly do. It’s a beast and a blast to drive. Is it worth the price tag? Up for debate. Fuel mileage is absolutely not there. I averaged around 10-13.5 mpg, and that was when I was driving like a total a**hole lol.

I think you could hang on to a (discounted) ‘22 for quite some time and lose little. Resale should obviously be better on the MY23 but the discount ratio has been pinched, and the rates are going down the crapper.

Yeah everything I have read and watched on it makes it seem like a blast. As you said, if I like my current v6 rubicon, I’m sure I’ll love one with a hellacious v8 and 200 more horsepower. I’m tempted by a defender as well just to switch it up. Haven’t looked too much into them yet though. Seems like that would be MSRP at best.

Idk about you, but this novelty has never worn off from me. Granted, my first V8 came in March of last year, but as someone who changes primary cars every 1-2 years, I have 0 desire to get rid of my Camaro and flooring it everywhere still brings that same smile. Ditto for the TRX, although the fiancé in my ear & my mom in my texts (it’s in her driveway) make that a bit easier to get rid of. Lol

3 Likes

RS6 Avant :drooling_face:

2 Likes

If you’re still on the edge… this is worth the watch.

3 Likes

5000 miles later on mine, car gets better and better.

4 Likes

If you live near the beach and have children, I’d say the convenience is worth it, even if I’m not keeping it long term. It’s certainly not for resale. I just hate trying to get a ton of sand out of carpet. Was more a joke, anyway. I also ordered mats for 4xes with no issue.

Sold my 392 recently for 6500 profit, that’s including the 1450 shipping it cost to get it to me. So there is definitely profit to be had.

2 Likes

Yea but yours was a ‘22?

Yeah price increases doesn’t help, but I didnt get the best discount. It really depends what you get it for.

If recently was 2 months ago… that was AGES ago in the 392 market :joy:

I miss the good ole days. My Chappy Sarge 392 was probably my best flip only second to the Chappy TRX :joy: but that was back in March

2 Likes

Exactly. The 392 market has tanked (to some degree), especially in comparison with where the values were for quite some time.

No it was 8/11. I got a decent offer. I would have made a lot more if this was a few months ago. But yeah, the TRX in May was delicious.

I think any profit is a win. I made a little bit off the last TRX and that’s after I financed and paid 7k in taxes, since Chappy refused to price protect and isn’t doing CCAP leases.

1 Like

I’m saying that $6,500 would’ve been easily doubled, with how the market was. $6,500 is currently near the ceiling IMO, unless you’re lucky enough to find the unicorn offer from a naïve dealer.

1 Like

Yeah, I ordered in January and got unlucky and took delivery in July. Even in May I would have made double that like you said.

The TRX profit was that much in May. It’s interesting that the 392 dropped off more than the TRX.

My 2023 392 is supposed to be at the dealer soon (shipped to dealer). I’m trying to decide if I’m going to pick it up since there is no auction data yet on them. What is everyone’s thoughts on flip potential? MSRP is 85ish and I expect my cap cost to be 77 all in