Wrangler 392 spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

Ha! That must have been Amy. They were all super nice. I guess I left money on the table. Damn. Should have said I wanted $85,000.

What are the lead times for builds these days or is it all over the map?

Base should move faster than xr

Xr here no vin put order 2 months ago I believe?

@Nypharm base he has a vin

I’d probably pass on the XR. Thinking reign or Earl and tow package. Oh and floor mats because I’m worth it.

Don’t get floor mats unless you want a major delay.

I don’t think this is the case anymore, but you can probably buy them cheaper from a vendor, so no reason to take the chance. Last time I ordered them, all-weathers replaced the carpeted ones, so having both you can keep one set to transfer to next Jeep, sell them, etc.

Does anyone keep them long enough where it truly matters….

7 Likes

I’m at month 6 so I think it is still a thing.

That stinks. My only recent experience with the mats was on a 4XE and it it came pretty quickly despite checking that box. Hope you get your 392 soon!

Thank you! :beers:

You haven’t got your 392? Holy F

I don’t know why anyone would consider most of those options, when 99% on here are flipping anyway. You may see a minimal amount of return with the resale, and there is a greater chance of an order being delayed. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Hopefully sometime in September :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Is it really worth all the trouble of ordering, doing paperwork, titling, etc…to make like 2k on a flip? Just curious since I just read a comment saying most people order these to flip them.

Profits were better. People made 5 digit profits on these.

1 Like

If you order the floor mats just keep em when you flip. You won’t get an extra nickel for em. :rofl:

That’s my whole point lol. Why even screw around and possibly shoot yourself in the foot by adding them to your order.

Edit: if a guy took the 5 wheels off and put cheap steelies on, would that make a difference? Asking for a friend. :joy:

I mean, it takes 5 mins to order, the dealer handles the registration (mostly), and you drive around a cool new car for a month & make 2k. Sounds like a win to me, but ymmv

5 Likes

My advice for that, with respect, is you should be able to make that assessment on your own. If you aren’t able to determine your potential profit, or whether the legwork is worth it (to you), you probably shouldn’t have started with trying to flip an $80k+ Jeep.

I was just asking out of curiousity to be honest. I initially ordered a 392 with the intention of keeping it, as I have a 21 rubicon 6 speed, which I really enjoy. Lost a bit of interest in making the jump, as the “regular” rubicon and 392 look essentially the same. V8 would probably be cool until the novelty wore off and I’d get 10mpg flooring it everywhere (although maybe that would never get old).

Got my current rubicon at 5% below invoice. Considering selling/trading in and going for a defender 110. Tbd.