Worst leases you've seen

Must have missed this one, lmao… Incentive $2k.

He could offer me $20k and it would still be laughable.

1 Like

But, but, but…it also includes a year of FREE oil changes! :joy:

1 Like

I have one for laugh

The nerve. Lol

The nerve? This is a candidate for average lease deal. This is what most people are being offered on the car.

14 Likes

My payment (36/12 option) is $35/mo more on a 20k higher sticker with $5,500 negative equity, Acq ,TTL, Doc, UC+ all capped…

Yeah I’d say that’s a dog shit deal.

2 Likes

Not a great measure. You have what I’d consider a great deal and not something easily reproduceable for the average person. Do you honestly believe every dealer to be able to give 18%+ discount on a new customized car? It isn’t the norm.

4 Likes

It’s probably what most people are paying too :joy:

1 Like

Hence why they’re being offered it!

I believe they can with the right motivation. Will they? Now that’s one for the funny pages!

That’s a loaner just FYI, I just walked in and they gave me this. Lmao. I almost died but I kept my composure and walked away. I wanna see how a crooked car salesman talked to me and sell me that deal. It was funny. But I acted like naive. @StingerTT ur absolutely right. That’s what a regular people get. So bad, when I retire, I wanna be a broker to help people not to get this kind of deal. Lol

1 Like

We might be leasing cars direct from the MFG by then… No more unicorns!

2 Likes

That’ll only happen when cars need no maintenance and rural areas don’t exist

2 Likes

The dealer lobbies are too powerful in each state for that to happen.

State franchise laws yada yada yada

1 Like

my neighbor who just moved in told me she’s paying $800 for her BMW 320i (looks like a '16) because she got the “wear and tear” package. smh.

3 Likes

Not hard to do with a bit of negative equity, marked up MF, paltry discount, high miles pre-purchased along with some overpriced product.

Might even have company car stipend and didn’t care about the price! Lol.

definitely true…i almost offered to help cuz she said she had one month left on the lease…then i figured i didn’t want to open pandora’s box. it’s kind of like helping someone with an IT problem for the first time then you’re the designated IT guy for the rest of your life :slight_smile:

If she’s a good listener and wants to save some money i’d still offer to help, don’t press the issue though as some people are really funny concerning their finances.

Hell, i’ve met people that were proud of their high car payment, like some kind of “look at me, i can afford that” prestige badge…

1 Like

haha yeah i can see that side of it! it was a conversation in passing. if it gets brought up again somehow, I may make a slight aside that I understand this stuff :slight_smile: I wouldn’t mind helping…hate to see people throw away money like that.

This always makes me laugh when I see it. The nerve of that dealership trying to rake me over the coals with the high monthly payment while overlooking the “nerve” of the buyer offering 70% of MSRP for a car when negotiating then wondering why the dealership doesn’t reply back.

2 Likes

“Bu… but… I saw on the interwebz that some guy in a market on the otherside of the country got 30% discount on his car and I want it too! And I only want this one dealership to give it to me when I go in person because I don’t want to send emails out.”

5 Likes