Capitalized Cost Reduction: $4,890
Adjusted Capitalized Cost: $53,305
Residual Value: $25,979
Rent Charge: $7,954
Total of Base Monthly Payment: $35,280
Payments: 48
Monthly Payment: $735
Miles per year: 10,000

In summary, I put $5,000 down, it is $735 a month for 48 months with 10,000 miles per year"

4 Likes

That looks like a real piece of shit deal. Wow.

I think I would drive the car through the showroom window like the discount tire lady if I got ripped off that badly.

3 Likes

These people on that forum trying to justify dealer markup to themselves by claiming that the Telluride is a “luxury SUV”… I have not driven it, and I’m sure that it is very nice, but comparing it to a Land Rover and Audi? Wow… No wonder they are getting ripped off.

2 Likes

A BMW dealer in CT offered me the fantastic rate of $800/month (inc tax) with $2,100 down for a 24k/10m lease on a $61k MSRP 2019 440i. I almost fell out of my chair.

Ask them if they’d like to kick your dog in the nuts too while they’re ripping you off. (You’d be surprised how fast this statement will turn a conversation around!) Wow, that’s bad…

1 Like

$10,000 over MSRP… YIKES. I think we may have found the worse lease of all time. I don’t get the appeal behind the Telluride. It’s a freaking Kia and an ugly one at that

2 Likes

No need to drive one, just look at the interior. I had the chance to look at it up close at the NYIAS and they are just cheap like most KIA cars. Not worth the money.

1 Like

It looks nice enough, I certainly wouldn’t turn one down for the right price, although it does seem a bit underpowered to me vs the competition, especially when you factor in the terrible leases and lack of discount. I couldn’t imagine paying almost twice as much compared to an Acadia. Even if all things were equal price wise it’s still down on power and torque. But if you listen to some of the Kia fanboys (How is that even a thing?) they are driving Luxury cars.

1 Like

That is “luxury” to them, most of which probably have beacon scores in the low 6s, and can’t qualify for a real lux marquee.

They’re probably driving “fully loaded” units at that.

2 Likes

That’s nothing. The dealer that services Aspen quoted my wife on a P380 HSE: No discount off MSRP, MF of .00317 / 44% residual. He didn’t have the balls to list the payment. “So I cant negotiate price, money factor, or residual when I acquire it from another dealership.”

Idk what this means. RV is never negotiable. MF is only negotiable to a degree (if it was marked up from buy rate)

That was stated in his email. Residual on those is 52% and the going MF on that car is .00001 according to Edmunds for that zip code. Monthly payment with tax would be $1850.

Something doesn’t make sense then. If he offered a MF of 44%, it would get kicked back by the bank and wouldn’t get funded if the mf was supposed to be 52

on their worksheets it lists CHASEL as the lease institution. I was wondering why they would use a bank.

1 Like

Bigger kickback probably.

Doesn’t Chase act as the “captive” lender for Jaguar/Land Rover?

yup thats right

“Chase” acts as their captive, as others have said. They don’t have a true in-house captive.

:bat:

AHHH good ole’ brighton beach

1 Like