Worst leases you've seen

Yikes.

Best part about it was the salesman’s very next text was, “What do you think do you want to put something together?” I was expecting something high, but that left me speechless.

3 Likes

Two good ones locally on Swapalease.

Only $59,381 remaining!! What a bargain!

The text is what gets me. “A great monthly payment.” I guess $705 a month for a 3 series is better than paying $706 a month for it?

I was quoted $621/mo on a Accord 2.0T Touring with 5K down…I asked how much I needed to put down to get to my target $400…$15,000

I got up and left.

2 Likes

Lol…Are you sure that wasn’t to finance the vehicle?

Exactly why you don’t negotiate in person.

1 Like

Its the 2030 accord with the flux capacitor option. Sounds about right.

2 Likes

Should have asked about a Touring/Elite trim Pilot or Odyssey.

Probably four figures with $0 down.

Walked in Maserati to see the levante before I got my velar. Everywhere I had seen advertised $599/$0 down for loaners. Walked in to see a loaner and suddenly it was $1182 w/$10k down. I said I’m gonna go to BMW and the sleazy sales manager “is BMw still piping the exhaust sound through the speakers? Hm”

I was like DUDE HALF YOUR CAR IS PARTS FROM A DODGE DART

12 Likes

I’ve gotten crappy offers and good offers via email/phone. I’ve gotten crappy offers and good offers in person. I’ve always been able to beat the best email/phone offer negotiating in person. YMMV.

1 Like

To each their own, I’d rather show up, sign and leave.

1 Like

Does my current lease qualify? :sweat_smile: terms were 24/10k

Omg $800 a month for an a3!

5 Likes

hahaha I love the Won’t last long! line at the end.

download

1 Like

Maybe it was a cry for help as in “I won’t last long if I can’t get out of paying $800/month to lease a $40,000 car.”

4 Likes

I remember reading a thread on a ride-sharing forum asking if an X5 was a good car for driving for Uber

Everyone called him out for not being able to afford the car and that having it trashed by passengers (plus the mileage) would put him even further in the hole.

That car probably ended up on swapalease too

I was just quoted $1,100 a month with $1,200 down for a $63k 340i. Hate to see what there M3 lease looks like.

Can’t remember the exact numbers but when the VW Atlas came out I think some people were quoted ~1.5% of MSRP per month

I would have slapped them silly

1 Like

The 340i is a very exclusive vehicle for the most phahncy of people. Did you not know?

1 Like

Hahaha, I should ask to see a M3 lease quote. Might push $2k a month.