Worst leases you've seen

1 Like

I’ve been reading, and reading, and reading some more here and on different car forums in anticipation of next lease. During my reading, I saw a thread on Bimmerpost under the 5 Series forum titled “how much is your lease payment”. I thought to myself, “ah this will be a good place to set my expectations of what people are getting”.

I read the first post:

i got 2018 540i m-sport, msrp was $67k and i paid $1200 down (tags, 1st payment, fees), and my payment is $817 15k miles a year, personally i think its not that bad , what do you guys think?

Ok, not so bad,

And then the second:

M550: 3yr/10k

$87k MSRP
$9000 down
$872/month (taxes included)

Oh boy… :astonished:

And then the third:

2018 M550i
91k MSRP
3yr/ 12k
17k down
including 600 clutch and brake coverage and 879 for interior coverage
688/mo (taxes included)

:scream:
$17,000 down payment!?!?

And then followed some posts about GAP insurance, but I don’t think that’s going to help these folks!

Makes you wonder how many of those deals involved either:

A. Negative equity rolled into the lease
B. The dealers need to pay the loan shark before his legs were broken

2 Likes

https://www.mercedesbenzoforangecounty.com/new/Mercedes-Benz/2018-Mercedes-Benz-AMG+E+43-f833b5390a0e0a6b38171900214a47f5.htm

Clicking on the above link show’s me the below car. Worst deal i’ve ever seen :wink:

4 Likes

That is hilarious :joy:

I wonder if it’s eligible for Fleet

1 Like

Thats a classic. I would jump on it. Looks like a yugo.

Who’s the luckiest guy to grab this?

Oh man that sub is just a trainwreck filled with the worst car salemen. I’ve been banned from there several times.

damn, i got that for 99 a month 1500 drive off, 24/12k

Looks like error imo.

Yeah. Has to be an error. You will pay close to 900k for a 175k car.

might be a 0 somewhere in there. what a beautiful car though

Someone put an extra 0 in there. The buyout is $79k.

Hmmm… I feel bad for this dude… Thats the price of 3 for what he is paying for 1 :unamused:

1 Like

There must be a ton of negative equity rolled into that. No way a dealer in Michigan would give that high of a price with all of the GM dealers there

Oh man - just met with an old boss of mine. Told me he’s over leasing after he put down $25K + 36 payments of $600 on an Audi A6 he’s returning right now. My jaw just hit the ground.

2 Likes

Volkswagen CC MSRP around 36k

350*48 months

24000 dollar downpayment

what the hell 202020

Is that even possible without a ton of neg equity and an obscene apr?