Worst leases you've seen

This looks like a great deal until you see the last pic. Is it a scam?

1 Like

Perhaps a scam, or perhaps just someone too lazy to go outside and clean things up a bit to take good pics, so they tried using stock online photos without realizing they had a different vehicle altogether… :man_facepalming:

Who knows what the wrap is hiding

Unlikely to be a stock photo. The floor material and patterns, lighting, wrap, etc all suggest it’s the same place.

1 Like

The plot thickens… they’ve changed out the pics this AM :joy:

But right on, detective @max_g

One of the new pics shows a license plate (NJ P29PJS), which does lead to a VIN that checks out as an X3M.

3 Likes

The latest exterior photo looks quite glossy compared to the matte of the first photo

Lighting? Or did they change something?

It’s probably the before the wrap photo

1 Like

Yup. BMW doesn’t have that matte green color and emits easy to make from the picture that it was wrapped and original color is likely silver.

It’s definitely not silver. It’s more gold-ish.

Based on a quick look at 2021 X3M color choices, I’m guessing it’s Sunstone.

Hideous to combine that with red inside.

1 Like

They had some M8 pics on. I conferred with @DG-X5 on this, we noticed the discrepancy in the door sills.

Looks more like Donington Grey, which pairs well with the red interior

1 Like

If it’s legit, not a bad deal on a X3 M and tax already included for NJ folks.

1 Like

I reached out. He said he was offered $4500 to transfer and has an app pending with that person.

3 Likes

Get ready for this:
Q7 MSRP $62XXX
Sales price: $72XXX
DAS: $5000
Equity roll over from my current lease: $9000
Effectively: $14K DAS
48/10K
$1030pm I am unclear if this includes taxes…

I don’t even know how the numbers add up, the total lease payments are higher than the MSRP, the car effectively depreciated more than 100% in 4 years.

I just asked them for a quote to buy my lease, they recommended to put it on another lease and sent me the above.

2 Likes

Now that is the worst last I’ve seen! Are they for real?

Yeah, and the worst thing is that they are the dealer I bought the car from, and that’s how they treat their returning customers. I know it’s a crazy market but the above is beyond joke, I even considered sending it to the GM (I happen to have the card from when I bought the first car) and ask him WTF

Out of curiosity I would want to see the breakdown just to see the “crazy math” at work cause I can’t bend the reality that far. That’s some Matrix level math where there is no spoon nor MSRP😜

Tells you everything you need to know

YIKES. But the car makes me realize I wouldn’t totally hate a M4 GC (pointless car, but cool nonetheless, especially if they don’t sell and there is some serious flagship).

2 Likes

Yikes… MSRP $69 buyout $75 … a fool and his money!