Worst leases you've seen

Just realized that starting a topic of dealer/ broker ads is not allowed. Perhaps we will reach out to LH and see if we can start a friendly topic. Any admins here? What do you think?

Register here

https://leasehackr.com/auto-business-registration

If you put up and swaps try to follow the format of the posts in the marketplace. Also search the forum for other posted swaps, you can copy what works best from those posts for questions that may arrive about how the transfer would work, any nuances with the lender, what is owed at end of lease etc

1 Like

I know a guy that leased one. Apparently the mileage overage rate is godawful too. He didn’t lease another after that.

Thanks for the direction. I was looking at that earlier and am going to bring this to the top of our organization.

Jaguar F-Pace - from
Imperial Motors Jaguar of Lake Bluff

I just signed for a stupid lease. Traded in my Jeep GC for a 18 Camaro 1SS w/ 1LE package. Loved the car, took knowledge from what i got here and stuck to my guts until i got into the finance room. I knew exactly what i wanted to pay but i just had doubt later on and just fell flat on my face. All the numbers we discussed went out the window since they offered me 924 a month @ a 6% interest rate (financed).

Car MSRP was 46,200
Got the car down to 39,700
Neg equity was 4250

Key for Key I got it for 688 a month. 0 out of pocket. 15k miles. 38 months; they payed first month and i believe it was 50% residual. Hate myself for being inpatient, checking the calculator now it should’ve been $579(w/o neg equity) a month which is still way over 1%.

Camaro does not lease well based on discussion here at the forum. So 1% lease does not really apply. However, could have gotten an F pace probably for that kind of money. What year was GC? Miles? They probably making good money on your trade in.

2015 GC with altitude package with the back up cam and audio. I was fighting for 27k to buy it out 100% but they kept printing out cars.com ads within 50 miles of used GC going for 24-25k with lower mileage same package etc…

You fell in love with Camaro and they could see that and used that to their advantage. Next time, lease a car you don’t like such as the Buick encore :slight_smile:
I have done best with cars I don’t like such as a RAM 1500 and a Volvo S60.
My next target is either a Bolt, Giulia or XC90, all 3 of which I can easily despise…

2 Likes

So how much did they give you for it?

23,500 on the contract. Upon reading this contract it looks like the vehicle is marked as “auto in transmission”…does this void the contract since it is a manual?

edit - Upon actually reading the contract Im just a baffoon. So many numbers inflated. There was barely any neg equity. My payoff on the truck was 24,929.99 +3k in tax with Chrysler capital. Instead of them making the rest of my least payments they just bought my truck out and payed 23,500. Negative equity on the contract says 929.99.

I feel like the biggest idiot. EVER.

The agreed upon price is actually different then what I was showed and even on the same line it says something different. on 7A in the parentheses box it says 46,207.47 as the agreed purchase price. Yet on the underscore line it says 47,787.46.

Taken for a ride. My fault 100% for not reading the contract that night.

1 Like

Good to see you understand you got hosed. Now remember not to make that mistake in the future and go enjoy your car. Don’t beat yourself up about it.

2 Likes

I second that. Enjoy the car and try not to roll negative equity anymore.

You will buy many more cars in your life. The key is not to repeat mistakes. Presumably you like the car and can afford the payment. Next time you’ll get the deal you want. Most of us have a car deal in our past we regret.

2 Likes

On the bright side you were able to get this generation Camaro. If you had waited you might have been stuck with getting a 2019, which is a little controversial looking, putting it mildly.

1 Like

2019 camaro taking cues from the Honda civic fastback? Ugh…

Thank you all for telling me to enjoy the car, in which i am!

Yeah the new camaro doesn’t really appeal to me. Im happy with the model year I have although i am curious what they are going to do with the 1LE and ZR1 of 2019.

I’m doing my best to despise the Giulia.

I wish I could despise it because it looks so good… but concerned about maintenance. Was considering buying one

I wouldn’t buy anything Italian or German.

Lease, Abuse, Return. Let the suckers pay the high maintenance bills.

1 Like