Worst leases you've seen

I forgot the username but yes I remember the epic Lexus saga

I actually felt kind of bad for the guy when it was all said and done. He never got angry at all the comments ragging on him and (assuming he was telling the truth) he made a (really) stupid mistake but a mistake nonetheless. After working with re-fi home loans, trust me when I say I’ve seen people make worse mistakes.

Well, thanks for pleasantly killing an hour of my time.

IDK how I missed that last year, however even though it was a buy, it should get an honorable mention at least

This isn’t close to a HOF worthy bad deal, (especially after I just read that @dolfinboy situation) but I got this goofy quote last week. This is for a 2018 VW Tiguan SE, with an MSRP of $ 27,650. The dealer (Galpin VW in LA) tacks on $ for low jack and calls it a market price of $ 28,155.00.

First, the dealer first quotes a selling price $ 25,985, but follows up with a lease quote, and changed the selling price to $ 26,185 without explanation. They quote $ 358 month w/ tax, with $ 960 due at signing. Yikes.

I asked for a discount of 17% off MSRP, which should have put the monthly payment around $ 251 w/ tax, with a drive off but 0 down, including a $ 1,000 rebate. I knew that was probably a little too ambitious, but got this reply:

"As an employee my discount is 13% off MSRP and that’s using incentives that I receive as an employee.

This vehicle as it turns out was a demo vehicle, so I’ve attached what we can do for you on this one, with absolutely no money out of pocket. Realistically, this is what it comes to. Let me know how you would like to proceed."
35%20PM

…The vehicle I’d asked for a quote on was not a demo. They’ve marked up the MF. And I was supposed to believe that they never sell cars at a deeper discount than the employee discount? :roll_eyes:

High quote aside, I was put off by the shadiness across the board and just needed to vent!

1 Like

Volkswagen Atlas (#Stay Away!)

MSRP: $48k
Discount: $2500
MF%: 4.25
Down payment: $2k
Sales tax: 3%
Monthly : $725
Term : 36/12
Residual: $24,567

I almost fell out my seat. They literally have no promotions/incentives on this vehicle like other manufacturers. Has anyone seen better on the Atlas?

Not sure how good this is, but check it out. Price Includes Freight

Rebate/Incentive Information
Spring Event Bonus Rebate: The Fitzway low price includes $1,000 Spring Event Bonus Rebate + $500 VCI APR Bonus *Requires Financing with VW Credit Inc.Price Quote Disclaimer: We offer price quotes that do not include college graduate or military rebates since a small percentage of our customers actually qualify. A majority of our competitors automatically includes both of these rebates in all of their price quotes. We mention this as a courtesy to help our customers get the most accurate price quotes while researching for your new vehicle.

1 Like

There’s probably a reason why my local VW dealer has a lot FULL of them, plus the lot across the road at their sister Mazda dealership, plus part of the lot at the neighboring Pizza shop.

Lol! It might be a Galpin thing…

That pretty much describes my experience except with Galpin Mazda, on 2 seperate occasions approx 4 years apart.

1st time end of 2013; Quoted a price, went in, test drove, confirmed numbers again, sat in the office to pull credit check and sign paper work, numbers changed very slightly but nonetheless there was a change. They tacked on lo-jack and said although WINDOW STICKER doesn’t show it, it’s on there, and cannot be removed. Take it or leave it at that point at “their cost” of $795, which eventually went down to $595. We walked out.

2nd time early 2018; was quoted $340/mo on a CX5 GT. I countered with a very reasonable $0 drive off, rather than their $1000 out of pocket. And asked the monthly to be improved. They came back at it’s ‘better than employee pricing’ and ‘it goes toe to toe with BMW/Audi’, which I guess warrants the price he quoted.

1 Like

Ha, sounds about right. I will say though that I got a great deal for a friend with Galpin Mazda last August, but it was like pulling teeth at first. They did remove the low jack on that system on that car, so its not impossible to get it off, but it drives me crazy that they aren’t clearer about including it in the first place since most layman wont question an Accessories charge.

And don’t get me started on their catchy-ass jingle that’s always stuck in my head…:joy:

I generally feel sorry for people who get into a lease and get ripped off. But most of them have poor credit and want a new and not a used car they can afford. Check out the the below worse leases and wanted to get out:

Those lease prices look like purchase monthly prices.

Damn that eclass could’ve been a fully loaded m3

1 Like

See i did not see msrp for that e class. Maybe it was when the car hit the lot, maybe it was 75k msrp, bad credot, again a few more variables to consider. Still bad deal.

The interior of the Atlas looks similar to that of my wife’s old Routan - hideous, the leatherette was actually sticky.

1 Like

That’s the optional HAZMAT package

1 Like

LOL somebody should really know the difference between a “lease” and a “loan”

LOL this is what I was offered when the new A4 came out

The worst lease deals that we have ever seen? How many pages can this thread go? :wink:

11 Likes

My mom in FL leased a '17 Civic with touring package for over 350/month. She thought she did well. I told her to call me next time :face_vomiting:

1 Like

My uncle just leased a Prius a couple months ago and I talked with him briefly but after he said “yeah, there’s really no haggling when you lease” I decided I didn’t even want to know what his deal was.

7 Likes