Worst leases you've seen

Your explanation is spot on. They are very particular on ultra high end vehicles.

1 Like

I love SAL…always good for a laugh

2019 BMW X2 SDrive28i 20k mi on the car, 22 months left $768 mo! (BUT it has tire insurance!!)

2019 Benz GLE 400 17k mi on the car, 22 months left $1093 mo! (At least willing to pay 2 months and transportation costs)

2020 Benz C43 Coupe 19.5 mi on the car, 32 months left $1317 per month and they want $1500 upfront! (BUT free car washes for life!)

2 Likes

As the subject line suggests, I’m pretty sure this is the worst lease deal I’ve ever seen from a dealer. My friend/roommate’s lease is up in August, so she asked me to help her out and when I took a look at her previous deal, well…here we are

There’s some info missing (like MF) but here’s the jist

Dealer: Mini of Santa Monica
Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2017 MIni Cooper Hardtop 2D
MSRP: $25,085
Monthly Payment: $ 180.50 (including tax)
Drive-Off Amount: $ $6,750
Months: 60
Annual Mileage: 5k (15k for 3 years)
MF: (not listed on contract)
Residual: 16,455.20
Incentives: (probably zero)
Region: southern CA
Leasehackr Score: Couldn’t get the score because the calc. can’t go lower than 7.5k miles
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

I didn’t even know that mini did 5k leases. Are you sure it’s not for 15k a year?

i had to ask her several times to confirm this one for me, but yes. It looks like the dealer gave her 5k per year, 15k total.

“mileage in excess of total miles over the schedule lease term of 15,000 miles, at the rate of 25 cents per mile.”

It’s 2017, either CPO or through third party bank. Anything goes, I guess.

He said in the other thread that it was the lease that was coming to an end that he was sharing, so I think it’s from 2017

No idea what that means then

Here is an interesting one. Don’t you hate it when you are 35,000 miles over your limit with 7 months left on your lease?

3 Likes

I dont even understand what hes trying to say…

2 Likes

In essence: they know they’re boned if they try to return it and will assist you with $5,000 toward the buyout against the residual since that’s cheaper than what they’ll owe end of lease.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say NOBODY wants it.

1 Like

Ya, I saw they would be at least $8k in the whole with the mileage penalty even if they didn’t drive it for 7 months. I just don’t know how you get in that situation unless you are using it for a ride sharing service or just totally clueless about your lease.

It could happen to anyone. You take a job with a long commute with better benefits, or lose a job and have to make up for it doing ride share, or just love driving it. In the end you gotta pay to play…

1 Like

There was a reddit thread a few months ago, a person turned in a 36k mi lease with 215k miles on the odometer. Didn’t even have funds to buy out the car … I think I posted it here back then too.

4 Likes

I got some of the numbers wrong but here you go:

Ahh, yes. I remember this. I even commented on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let me guess, they turned it in and never paid the bill from the captive?

Unfortunately I signed a god awful lease a year before I found LeaseHackr😭

At the time I was 19 and my credit was “subprime” at a 670 so he said I couldn’t qualify for a low payment lease…which come to find out a year later was absolute BS…now I live with this mistake until I’m 22 LOL. What bugs me the most is that this is E class money being spent every month😞

Yeah… what’s the buyout with carvana, they offer stupid $ for nissans.

Come back when you’re 22, the forum, or marketplace will gladly help you.

1 Like