Worst leases you've seen

Moved [20 chars…]

:joy::dizzy_face:

Just horrible. I just pulled out my lease paperwork I signed Dec. 2014. It was my first ever new vehicle - literally didn’t haggle. Had 0 clue what I was doing.

Oh and the finance guy add a $250 extended warranty without me realizing -.-. I mean, I’m obviously dumb for not looking at the contract - but it was my first lame attempt at adulting.

I’m excited to see where I can get my next lease. Should be signing in the next coming weeks, once I find the right deal.

And only 500 miles a month left in mileage. Gotta hurt …

Have received a few quotes on 2018 Ford F150’s Limited and Platinum series as I actually need a truck unfortunately, and I don’t really want to sacrifice luxury features. Considering the money factors are .00052 for 36/10 with a 63% residual and a .000105 68% at 24/10 these $700/mo & $800/mo 1k out of pocket is proving to be not fun to hunt down.

I’m hunting one down for a family member let me know what you find. It’ll be a finance though on a Limited.

1 Like

I was quoted $713/mo $1,500 down on a Honda Ridgeline, geesh.

If you look at leasetrader and swap a lease you will find (in my opinion) probably 75% or more of the leases you see are terrible deals. Many or plain ordinary cars at fairly high rates. I tend to think in general most people end up with a fleece since they have no clue about leasing. They are buying strictly on monthly price and dont know what they are doing. I have seem some truly dreadful rates on cars listed and you know that those people will not find any takers at those rates.

What was the goal you had in mind I can keep my eye out whilst searching. Pm me if need be.

He’s doing it during the summer, don’t know if that works with your timeframe.

My deadline is May as thats when I have to turn in my C-Class but I’d be willing to help regardless if theres a goal in mind.

After 2000 incentive applied? Wow. Must have had negative equity.

I don’t have all the figures on this deal, but I think it speaks for itself. My wife wants the XC90 T8 Inscription and freaked out when she saw the quote. I’ve always got ridiculous first pencils from this dealer.

Please delete message.

Some more Swapalease Specials:

$2,750 a month for an Audi S8

$2,200 For a Mercedes S class cabrio

$2,400 for a Mercedes GLE Amg coupe

$1,850 for a GLS550

$1,600 for a CLS550

$1,400 for a GLE300

$835 for an Infiniti QX60

$819 for a toyota Sienna

$698 for a Wrangler

$609 for a VW gti

just a few

2 Likes

Not quite as bad as what you posted, but the Orange County dealers are horrendous as well. For example, I got this quote from Crevier for a 2017 BMW i3 that made me chuckle:

MSRP: 54745
Incentives: 11500 + Corp. Fleet
Quote prices: 36/12 @ 409+tax

Based on past interactions with the dealer, I didn’t see any point in continuing the dialogue. Ended up moving along and finding a good deal out of the county.

The sad thing is the service departments in OC suck too. Just last week, I visited Sterling BMW for an oil change and brake fluid flush for an m3. What a nightmare. The dealer side swiped the car. When I noticed it upon pick up, they agreed to fix it. When repairs where done, I came to pick up the car but the engine oil service light was on. They reset the light and a week later I was at the dealership because the brake fluid service light turned on, which they again reset (who know if they actually did the service, but, in any event, this many trips to the dealer for an oil change and brake flush is outrageous). After this and other similar experiences, I plan to move away from BMW for my next lease/purchase.

1 Like

All of these are mind blowing. Easy to understand why dealers are willing to move metal at a paper loss. They do enough of these crazy deals and need the volume to hit incentives. As long as people will pay $850 a month for a Toyota mini van, lease hacking will live on.

That GTI lease is downright criminal. I feel bad for the guy or girl. Based on the location of the car and the payment amount, I think this is a case of someone with poor credit getting taken advantage of. Sad.

1 Like

$80k GLE Coupe for $2.4k on a 48 months lease :weary:
Edit: not 80k, 63 AMG. But there is also 8k down.

Had a new JL Jeep in at work for research, turned out the guy had his lease paperwork in plain sight on the passenger seat.

$40k-ish MSRP
$3k in warranties
$4k in negative equity from another Jeep
$47k cap cost
$31k residual
Rent charge was like $8k or something

FORTY EIGHT MONTH LEASE for the low low price of $570.

So total lease cost of $27k over 4 years on a $40k wrangler. When it looks like the better option would have been to decline warranties, roll negative equity into a loan, and do that for 4-5 years considering the resale value of these jeeps.

Will say the new Jeeps are quite nice, but a tough pill to swallow when the really nice ones are pushing $50k