Worst leases you've seen

Yup, AR of Larchmont.

The salesman’s reasoning was almost as laughable as his one and only quote:

“you have to consider that you are only bringing in $2500. If you are shopping, then other dealers will ask for that and more for taxes, reg. fees, dealer fees etc.”

Wouldn’t the accepted strategy for generating market penetration with a new and/or unproven product such as an automobile be to offer attractive leases and financing rates and get some of them off the lots, and then adjust accordingly?

I noticed what time the offer was written up and think I know why the numbers are off.

4:20 HAHAHAHAHA. I missed that.

Was offered a $328 a month lease on a $50k BMW demo with 5000 miles on it. Hmm not bad, what are the terms? Oh… $7100 downpayment… :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BMW of Alexandria if anyone is wondering.

Have you given up on the Alfa?

Indeed. Hunting for the elusive sub $250 330i. Figure have just as much fun on a daily drive, but at half the price. If I don’t find a deal I like then might still consider the Alfa if their incentives get better. For now it’s a horrid lease.

Stole this from Jalopnik:

"$78k truck, 39 month lease, 53% residual, $40k out of pocket $550/month.

Not my deal, but I helped run the personal check for $40k to the bank to have it certified.

The payments broke out to profit.

The $40k should have covered the life of the lease, so the $550/mo for 39 months were the profit on top of the 10% that was already built into the $78k.

It was about $26k profit in the end, salesman got 30%…

started with around $10k out of pocket, payments were like 700-ish, and she goes, ‘What if I put down $20k?’

and the sales guy goes, ‘What about $40k?’ kind of joking

‘Would it help?’

So she did."

3 Likes

That may be a fraudulent deal.

I was quoted something similar here in Florida. I said why “would I pay that when I can get a C300 or 330 for much less?”. The salesman said “because we aren’t competing with those two brands, we’re competing with Porsche.” I died laughing.

1 Like

With a deal like that, she definitely payed for the salesman vacation

I don’t often shop RR deals, so relatively speaking, this may be a good deal… but here you go:

48 months
2,500 miles/yr
$20,000 due at signing
$2,999/mo + tax

Wait is RR rolls royce or range rover?

I thought Rolls Royce, but I guess that just proves I don’t shop either of them. :joy:

I would imagine someone who can afford a Rolls Royce would like to daily drive it, which is impossible with 2.5k miles per year.

Believe it or not but that is for the “base” level of Rolls. They have some crazy ridiculously overpriced but yet very cool features/options that can make the price sky rocket very quickly. It puts Porsche to shame with the amount of things that can be added on. And I know zero clue if they put down $20k at signing but I’d say they did.

In kind of a weird twist my two neighbors both just got Rolls, one got the Ghost other got the Phantom. But they also got another car at the same time as thier daily driver, one got a pickup the other got a Tesla.

This one is beyond awful, yet someone actually took it. Amazing considering hackrs are getting C-Classes, Q50s, 330s, etc for less.

“She is being kind of impulsive and is leasing an ‘18 Camry SE. It’s fully loaded with upgraded rims, etc. Its sticker is 32,999. They offered it to her for $2700 down, 400/mo +tax for 10k miles /year. In Los Angeles.”

Effective payment including tax and downpayment? $513 a month on a Camry :joy:

1 Like

Not sure where this fits, but last week I saw the dealer advertising a fully loaded Alfa Stelvio. MSRP at 55k, dealer discount plus incentive at 41k. I email the dealer for a quote and he came back with $742 per month, nothing down, 36/10k miles. I tell them my numbers show under $400 using their discount. He tells me it was a mistake at the final price should have been 51k. Few hours later they update the website.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/d/2016-bmw-z4-convertable-take/6429222198.html

Poor guy is looking to get out of his lease:

2016 Z4 sDrive35i

$1363.34 With Taxes
$1260.36 Months Without Tax
12k/36 Months

$1260.36 x 36 months = $45,372.96
I think MSRP is $65,xxx?

1 Like

A friend of mine is leasing a 2015 Prius (I’m not sure about the trim, but not the base for sure) for $550/month. I have no idea if there was anything down and I decided not to ask just so I won’t go completely crazy about how they’ve screwed him up. Hopefully, he’ll allow to help him with his next car.