Worst leases you've seen

But why get the T8?

I’ve read pretty bad things about the performance of the dual electric/gasoline powerplants. The technology is very nascent and requires a lot more work.

Any features come with it specifically that you don’t get with the T6?

For me in Texas, there is a state credit of 2500, when I move to DC I do not need to pay excise tax when I register it there, that’s another 6%. I don’t need the T8 but I assumed they’ve been there for a while, decent discounts (at least I’ve read), but not one dealer seems to want to deal with me.

I test drove a 2018 CT6 today. They wanted to show me how “good they lease”

67k MSRP
6800 down
608 mo including CA tax
39 mo term
10k a year

Car drove nice, but not enough head room for me. The seating positioning was not good for taller people. 2019 has a refresh coming for it, but I don’t think that will change the seats…

A 48% residual for 36/10 is gonna prevent a decent lease even if you can get the selling price and MF down.

Check out the incentives. We all know dealers will post all incentives that the stars have to align perfectly to qualify for, but they are stacking conquest and loyalty which is impossible to stack!

2 Likes

1 Like

My know it all mother in law, who knows that I have helped many others get screaming lease deals including two of her daughters, just signed an EcoSport 36/12 lease for $354/month with $1k down. So there’s that. Zero incentives available on an atrocious, cheap, depressing vehicle. And I believe that she rolled payments in from her Escape Titanium that was under miles. When informed that if she had given me a week or two she could have been driving an Infiniti or Mercedes for that payment, she replied “I wanted to get a good deal myself and I wanted it now”. Okay then :rofl:

12 Likes

Who’s mother in law isn’t a know it all :rofl:

3 Likes

The best part is that she qualified for $4500 conquest incentive for being co-signed on one of her daughter’s GM leases, but didn’t know it and the dealer only knew about her Escape lease :rofl:

2 Likes

SMH

Eco sport is one of the cheapest looking and ugliest cars on the market. They took a fugly Fiesta and made it taller while keeping the tiny wheels.

4 Likes

Just got a quote for a 19 Challenger SP Widebody with a MSRP of 49k.

0 DAS and 15k miles per year
24 month lease: $930
36 month lease: $760

Cmon

I’ve learned Chrysler anything doesn’t lease well when using Chrysler Financial. It’s like they know their cars are cheap and bad haha.

3 Likes

My in laws are like that too. They’ve seen first hand some of the deals I’ve been able to get, and I definitely could have helped them with their RX 350 they returned, or at least passed them onto someone good here, as well as probably help them make a few bucks off the return selling it through Carvana or whatever. They just went back to the same place they always do and got another RX 350. They definitely didn’t get hosed from what I saw, but combined with selling the old one I think they could have done a lot better.

2 Likes
1 Like

4 Likes

There’s no way anyone has accepted that…

How is that even possible? That’s almost a paid off car in 3 years… What’s the residual on one of those? Yeesh.

3% for 36/15 :grimacing:

2 Likes

Last I checked it was 29% lol… There was Clarity levels of trunk cash a while back that helped make it a little easier to swallow, but I’m pretty sure they killed that or drastically reduced it. Even still… 900+ a month for one of those? Crikey…

I just checked and there’s actually $11,257 in lease cash in my area, so someone just messed something up or really thinks that someone is dumb enough to pay that kind of money for one of those.

I saw someone claim they’re paying $738 / month on a Stinger lease.