Worst leases you've seen

No credit check? Seems suspect.

2 Likes

I use my cars like boats, personally.

2 Likes

Motorboat? You play the motorboat?!

2 Likes

I play a mean ass motorboat. Only with one particular propeller. But I’m good at it. Meanest motorboater in town. I can play Symphony of Destruction with one hand tied behind my back.

:bat:

1 Like

I think it’s 700 a month for the R Design and 600 for the base T5 Momentum.

Either way, horrific deal. Almost as bad as the Accord Hybrid.

2 Likes

I don’t think her lease offer is atrocious, just beyond average. I remember when the XC40 first came out… leases were going for 550 to 650 a month on it on average. It’s much better now (still average, mind you), but her lease offer is right in line with where it was when first launched. I agree that she needed to come to the table with a far more competitive offer to see any success here, however.

2 Likes

“no credit check must have full coverage insurance”

No credit check however a mental health evaluation may be in order. :blush:

3 Likes

You can lease this BMW 5 Series for $1,138.00 a month for 25 months . :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Something is weird about the mileage. First of all it’s weird to say almost all the allowance is left with 18k miles. Second they say 36k total but current plus allowed = 41k?

:bat:

We absolutely love this car but got laid off less than a week after the purchase.

2 Likes

At least the dealer threw in a nice big red bow with the lube job

6 Likes

Doesn’t even have convenience package.

You could lease mine for $690/mo less.

1 Like

Less than a week? These guys had NO idea their job was in danger? No wonder the deal is terrible. No planning, terrible foresight, probably don’t understand how to negotiate and no business sense…

1100 a month for a 530 is pretty killer.

7 Likes

In my experience, the same bad judgement that leads to a lease like this can also lead to an “unexpected layoff”. “Fired for cause” just does’t sound as nice.

2 Likes

Foolish lease aside, are you mocking someone who lost their job? People lose their positions all the time with little to zero notice.

3 Likes

It’s a crappy place to be but I think the insinuation is that they brought it upon themselves using the same judgement that led them to sign such a horrific lease.

Their payment almost certainly would have been lower had they just financed the damned thing (Unless they did something equally as foolish as rolling a ton of negative equity into this lease) — Speaking of which: This has to be one of the most basic equipped 5e’s I’ve seen to date. The weird mileage almost certainly tells me this was likely a loaner or demo so it’s likely it had a lower residual to begin with.

2 Likes

I think the larger point is: what’s the value of speculating about some stranger’s misfortune on an internet car leasing message board? Does it make you feel good? Congrats, you did better than this poor dude who now has no job and an astronomical car payment!

5 Likes

Agreed. The link between the two (this lease and their getting laid off) is so theoretical you’d need a hadron collider to find it.

3 Likes

It pains me to see people make financial mistakes like this only to lose their livelyhood.

In any case, this thread’s theme is geared toward making light of such poor decisions. SAL is generally good for a reflection of your average deal and just how fortunate we as a collective are at LH to be learning how to lease smart and putting it into practice.

2 Likes