Wording Emails for the Deal? [How To Negotiate]

It’s not just what score you have. It’s also about the longevity if your credit, that you’ve never had a US car loan or lease (many companies will not let you lease with no history), and a combination of other things.

Hi,

so i have a x3 loaner msrp 51000
the car has 4000 miles on it.
the selling price is 46000
and the mf is .00165 suppose to be .00145
how do think i should go about getting the selling price and mf lowered?

Blockquote

1. Ask
    If yes, good
    If no, see #2

2. Go elsewhere

1 Like

lol, i have already reached out to a couple other dealers aswell, i was wondering how can i calculate to decide what a fair percentage below msrp is?

There are many threads on here that talk about a reasonable dealer discount amount for x3 loaners

1 Like

can i negotiate a selling price then tell the dealer i want to lease with that selling price?

There are often different incentives based on whether the vehicle is being leased or financed.

When negotiating sale price do you negotiate a number with or without incentives and rebates included?

I spoke (over the phone) to a Sales manager earlier today, I’m trying to negotiate a good deal on a car that’s been sitting on the lot for more than 2 months. I told him I had an offer on a similar car at a different dealership and wanted him to match it. Atlas 4motion se/ w tech Rline MSRP$44,374, I offered 36k (18.9% disc) before incentives and rebates. The dealer has the car listed on their site for $39,974 (9.9% disc). He insisted that the deal I had from the other dealership must be with incentives and rebates included. He wanted to know if I wanted to lease or purchase, I said I’m looking to purchase, but that it shouldn’t matter. He went on to tell me that the incentives are different, I said obviously, but that I’m looking to negotiate a price before incentives and rebates. Now we’re talking in circles, he said he would be highly aggressive if I came in to talk directly with him… thoughts?

Negotiate pre incentives. Also, 19% off an atlas pre incentives is not happening.

1 Like

DO NOT COME IN! Dealers treat you like his bitch in their dealership and they know how to let you compromise. Only come in after getting a written agreement or quote.

I prefer being transparent upfront and let the dealer know you are leasing and what incentives you are qualified for. In that case it doesn’t matter the selling price you negotiate is pre or post incentives as long as you and the dealer both work on pre (or post).

1 Like

Pre and post incentives doesnt matter as long as you know what rebates/incentives you qualify for. If you know those numbers you can calculate yourself what a dealer is discounting on their end.

tell him, you don’t do a walk-in unless there is a contract waiting for you with the numbers you’re expecting to see. tell him you’d be highly motivated if he can agree to the numbers you’d mentioned. otherwise, politely say thank you and move on to the next dealer. 99.99999% he’ll come back to you.

1 Like

You are very wrong here. VW dealers advertise based on their own (VW) financing with a very high interest. But in return you get much bigger cash discount if you do finance through them. Nowhere close to their lease incentives.
@Nexo917 is right on how to proceed.

1 Like

When a deal is okay to good, how to even lower selling price? Is it a good strategy that throwing the ball them making offer and leave? Thanks

37 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

I usually do my research and put my numbers by crossing on a print of initial quote dealer sends and ask them if they do this they have my business. Usually response is with much better numbers. Just asking to lower without a target does not work.

My husband and I need a second car and are interested in leasing a Mazda CX-5, GTR. This forum (and Edmunds) have been very helpful and I now consider myself educated about what a “good” deal on this car would be.

I have called no less than six dealerships in my state (NJ) and almost all refuse to negotiate with me over the phone/email. I’ve opened up the conversation by giving them the stock number of the car I’m interested in, giving them the sales price I desire (before incentives/fees), and asking if they can meet it or come close to it. The sales people that have responded to me have quoted me crazy high numbers, I’m talking high $500s for this car. I’m not looking for a crazy good deal, my starting number is 10% off of the MSRP and with the MF/residual and no down payment, that should be a lease in the high $300’s.

I can’t help but be frustrated. I’m sure that if I asked my husband to call, he would get a better reception. Does anyone have any advice?

1 Like

If you’re so certain Mazda dealers are misogynistic, why not try that, so you can verify?

:bat:

1 Like

I don’t think the the dealers hate women, but in both my professional and personal experience, people typically respond more seriously to men than women.

Then you should get different friends and a new job.

:bat:

5 Likes