Wording Emails for the Deal? [How To Negotiate]

I think you can do better. I think there is some juice left in the pulp. I am gonna wait for next month. The 2020s are coming ya know. I KNOW HOW LEASING WORKS!!!

3 Likes

My first car was a 99 Dodge Stratus - purple. That bad boii almost made it to 80k miles before dying of being an American car.

3 Likes

I think they are bouncing between brokers trying to get the last penny possible. I had a guy ask me for some ridiculous deal on a Toyota last month and I saw him asking you for Similar. You politely told him to pound salt.

3 Likes

People are looking for those unicorn deals that are one in a million. People also need to realize, the market that was a few years ago when lease rates were great donā€™t really exist now. Iā€™m just looking for something that makes sense for me financially at the moment

Itā€™s all about the fart cars :red_car::dash:

For sure! That wasnā€™t directed at you based on what youā€™re looking for.

Just a general comment that people seem to be kicking more tires than usual these last 2 months.

Edit: itā€™s more people asking 20 questions and then finishing off by asking for another $1000-2000 off a spreadsheet deal. Better to be transparent and upfront about goals.

1 Like

Oh no doubt. I knew what you meant. And I could have said it better too. Itā€™s annoying though when you ask a dealer a question too and get ghosted lol

1 Like

haha yes! Two way street.

Part of it is me being naive and not expecting consumers to treat brokers like dealers. Thinking they may be more excited to work with a one man band as opposed to the big bad dealer.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting. Why would that be?? Iā€™ve had poor luck with SoCal Volvo Dealers. Some negotiated a little bit but for the most part have been slow to respondā€¦ it takes them literally 24-36 hours to reply to meā€¦I sometimes wonder if my out of state area code makes them think Iā€™m trying to pull quotes to negotiate :man_shrugging:

Some of the socal Volvo dealers are great. Some, not so much.

Hey guys,

Super new to this. Iā€™m just about ready to send my emails out for a 2020 c300 deal. Just wondering if this is way too long? Any tips would be much appreciated. Iā€™m going super aggressive as itā€™s the end of the month and assuming dealerships didnā€™t prepare their orders for March expecting to be completely online/in a possible recession. So aiming for 10-12% off MSRP which is $48,945 (to negotiate to maybe 8%?)

Iā€™ve worded it so Iā€™m discussing just the selling price first without incentives or rebates as @Electric said and not to just go straight to a lease payment in the opening email. Then take that discount and shop it around to other dealers so they can beat it. Then start working on the other numbersā€¦MF, incentives, etc.

Dear Mr. ā€¦,

Thanks for reaching out so quickly. Iā€™m wanting to work on a lease deal on the following vehicles that I found on your website:

Stock # : VIN :

However I am also happy with Mojave silver or Obsidian black if itā€™s a similar AMG Line/Night package with a macchiato/beige/white (or anything lighter) interior and woodgrain.

I am also considering the following other vehicles:

• (identical vehicles from competitor dealerships*

Iā€™m unable to provide a FICO score as I recently moved here but I have a cosigner ready to go that would qualify for the top tier 1 at SCORE

I am looking for a selling price before rebates or incentives of $43,072. If thatā€™s something you can do I will be ready to get started on finalising the deal straight away. I should say I am prepared to finalize a deal as early as possible, however I am not in a huge hurry if you think that programs will change for the better next month with everything thatā€™s going on!

Again, I kindly thank you for your time in advance, and I look forward to working with you to finalize this deal.

Sincerely,

Name

Donā€™t tell dealer A you are shopping him with dealer B. Thatā€™s an automatic delete with no reply 95% of the time

Donā€™t mention this next partā€¦automatic delete as well. If you make it sound like youā€™re not ready to sign, theyā€™re not interested, and will see you as a tire kicker

1 Like

That price doesnā€™t seem super aggressive. Look around here to see what others have gotten. Also, your email is way too long. If you know which stock# you want, take out the rest about other options and from other dealers.

My 2 cents:

Email 1: ask about stock # being available. See if a human responds

Email 2: Donā€™t draw it out. You gonna negotiate the selling price first, then the MF then argue about doc fees, nitrogen and Acq markup? No. Lay out the selling price, your incentives, MF and RV = monthly payment and DAS.

1 Like

Iā€™ve found that normally just being brief and too the point works best. Dont give too much detail up front. I start off by telling them iā€™m interested in specific vehicle and give them stock #. Then I say that I have already test driven this exact model with options so iā€™ve already made my mind on this exact model. This is so they dont try to get you to come in and test drive. Lastly, I say what is your best dealer disocunt BEFORE any manufacturer incentives or rebates. I dont mention anything that I plan on leasing or how a plan on buying. At this point, that is irrelevent because I simply want the best they can do. So far this has worked out pretty well. I have 3 dealers currently offering same amount off of MSRP because I took screenshots of emails with other dealers. At this point, they are all just matching. Now iā€™m waiting to see what April rebates and numbers are before I proceed.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think this will be a problem in the near future with COVID-19ā€¦

^^^^^^^ this

That is not necessarily true. Depends on the dealer.

Could you explain?