Why do I even bother…

did you remove the powerwalls and solar? :joy:

2 Likes

I put white gaffers tape over the logos on the Powerwalls and Tesla wall connectors.

2 Likes

angry morton salt GIF by Emma Darvick

2 Likes

Logo or no logo. You know it’s still Tesla.

1 Like

my guy donut loves elon :eggplant:

Tesla fuckers told me I probably couldn’t afford their products, and I shouldn’t buy Tesla again if I wanted a new car that wouldn’t stall out while being driven.

1 Like

Yeah but the Powerwalls and wall connectors are white so it’s easier with gaffers tape.

For all the talk of stalling out and failures, I can say I’ve never had a BEV fail to start and drive where I needed it to.

I’ve had gas and diesel cars that blew head gaskets, or turbos or transmissions, went into limp mode over emissions equipment malfunctions etc.

Anecdotal perhaps but so far I trust a BEV more than a fossil vehicle for overall reliability based on my own experiences.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s the trope all the pro-Tesla fanboys say. “It hasn’t happened to me so you don’t know how cars work.”

The problem is when you do get a shit Tesla that stalls out, the service people think it’s no big deal and don’t give a ceap since so many people have teslas that don’t stall. So you’re the loser idiot customer with a piece of shit. They gaslight the owner into thinking the owner is the problem.

I’ll mention the deal I got on a car at work and I think people think I’m lying about the deals. I’m on my 6th vehicle leased vehicle in 8 years and have spent just over $11k so far. The Bolt’s that GM paid me to drive certainly helped that number, meanwhile coworkers are paying at least $500/mo to drive some whatever Honda/Toyota and after 5 years they have a paid off vehicle for a year or two and start all over. If someone is willing to listen I’ll steer them the right direction, but only two other people are wise enough to lease.

3 Likes

I have their solar as well. To be fair it’s actually great. No regrets on that. Best ROI of all the solar choices by far and 30% cheaper than competing solar companies.

Yeah for real, that’s why I was bought in on the Tesla vision. I had solar and Powerwalls before any BEV.

I think it’s great to be able to generate clean energy from your roof. Store that clean energy in your own batteries to power your house. Charge your BEV’s with excess energy in the daytime; or at least generate NEM credits to offset your annual consumption. The Tesla BEV’s are great. When they work.

The reason I prefer ICE for family use is because when ICE stalls out, there’s a way to root cause it. Maybe it’s a fuel pump issue or something with the fuel rail. But they can root cause the issue the vast majority of the time. And, stalling almost never happens in the first 500 miles of ownership.

When a brand new BEV stalls, Tesla just says “it’s a glitch.” Then they clear the error codes and say “what error?” Then they say, if the car stalls again just bring it in so they can “reset the codes again.” Then they say if you aren’t happy with that “maybe you can’t afford a Tesla.”

Don’t waste your hard earned money with Tesla cars man. Stop with the solar and Powerwalls and get another brand for BEV.

I objectively feel the EQS is worth what most of us advanced hackrs are paying - mid 4s, free charging, maintenance etc.

I was and still am a huge Volvo advocate, but I got another Volvo at this time, for another V60CC, or an XC60 - I’d probably be very close to that figure even if I got a good deal on a demo/loaner.

1 Like

What about times you haven’t needed it to? How reliable was it then? Totally got you.

Happy Napoleon Dynamite GIF

1 Like

one of my acquaintance paid 40k for a ‘24 Accord 34k MSRP. 40k plus LoJack plus Leather covers plus TTL. All financed with 13k down and a sexy 9% rate

other one got a MSRP 37k VW Tiguan R for $700 mo lease with 3k down over 36 mo 15k miles. $28.2k paid to drive a a $37k car. Oh and did i mention the $3k down has a 2k “tire warranty” and $1k of tint. All TTL rolled into that $700

during the LT1 bonanza - i got my camaro and also negotiated another same spec’d LT1 for my friend. He went and got a Mustang EcoBoost with a busted differential which the dealer agreed to repair for free. his deal was so abysmal i can’t even begin to describe the maths behind it. But he he reasoned that Leasing is just burning money.

other than my first Q50 lease in 2017 - i was positive equity in every lease from LH help

1 Like

not to mention the lack of maintenance of new cars - i have yet to pay any $$$ on tires or oil changes either i will sell it or it has free manufacturer maintenance

A lot of times when people think leasing is not a good use of money vs buying used, they never really took into account of or underestimated maintenance cost, deprecation, and time value of money. At first I thought about buying a 3-4 years old panamera, but after calculations taking into account of all above, it’s way cheaper to just lease a new eqs.

Exactly, I have bought some tires, but I would have done that anyway. I never do the suggested maintenance other than oil changes, and I usually end up not doing one if the lease is almost over.

That’s very apples to oranges, though. Not sure a case can be made to lease a new Panamera over buying a used one.

But if your point is to be pragmatic vs dogmatic (ie, always buy used / buy new / lease) then I agree.

I feel like the only time that they will go through with a deal is when “You” are the one that does it for them. Even if you equip them with every piece of tooling/info they need they almost always go another direction. It’s frustrating. So for my close family, I end up finding a broker for them or I do the deal for them and they just sign.