Why do I even bother…

@jeisensc summed it up in this thread. Most people already have a crappy idea they think is great, step 2 is to go around and find someone in your circle that will confirm it’s a good idea and you should go for it.

2 Likes

GIF by NETFLIX

2 Likes

Wasn’t that the philosophy of NJRondo?

uh look how many got eqs or frontiers or niros

None of those are objectively good

they are just cheap

4 Likes

How many people did get those exactly? And what was their next best alternative? Without proper statistics, it is hard to come to any conclusions.

Love my eqs actually. Yes probably not at 100k msrp, but at same lease rate as a model y it’s just so much better car.

I like shopping at outlets, never understood anyone buying a brunello cucinelli at retail for 4x the outlet price, but my wife would be willing to pay 4x if it’s to get a color she wants. Not everyone look for deals, just like there’s people leasing teslas even though it’s such horrible deals.

1 Like

There’s a sucker born every minute.

4 Likes

I doubt my brother in law is hurting for money, but when you find out he’s paying nearly 600$ for a Cadillac XT4 on a 36/15 lease, your jaw hits the floor. He still has 4 payments and over on mileage. Then he’s interested in a jeep gc and I laid out the current 4xe deals. Next thing I know he’s at a dealer and they’re trying to locate a gas model with black appearance and lux 2 packages and he’ll need a 36/18 term.

:person_facepalming::person_facepalming::person_facepalming:

3 Likes

I dread when friends and family ask me to help them buy a car. Besides my mom and sister they never listen and wind up overpaying when they go to the dealership to “look” at cars. This is after they text me for hours asking for deals.

Had a friend pay msrp for a 4Runner last week bc it was gonna take 2 weeks for me to get the color they wanted. So instead of renting a car for 2 weeks and getting $5400 off they paid msrp plus some Bs warranties…

10 Likes

These are the people who make good deals for the rest of us possible.

Bless them and their wallets.

12 Likes

I bet this is one of many OPs who signed their original quote without any material improvement

My father has learnt that he can no longer voice complaints to me, because I try to overkill them.

I want leather and my back hurts → Volvo V60CC
I want massage seats → EQS
I want AWD → Absolute degeneracy coming soon.

4 Likes

Texas Bless GIF by StickerGiant

2 Likes

Who’s the guy that was gatekeeping LH since “a car isn’t leasehackr worthy unless it had high RV, High Incentives, and low MF!”

I just spend all my energy trying to keep people from buying trash-azz teslas and get another BEV brand instead.

That sounds like MaxG to me?

its ok to buy hydrogen?

Niro and EQS were objectively both very good deals during their best months.

Frontier was good for people specifically looking for a pickup. Agreed that it’s not good as a commuter or a daily for just carrying people

Hydro is cool. Tesla and their absolute shit products and service should be avoided.

FYI I had a model 3, model X, and Powerwalls, and solar. I was foolishly bought into teslas crap before I wised up.

3 Likes

Isn’t that Volvo’s new slogan?