Who has a black car?

It’s a beautiful color and I would do it again. Just know it’s higher maintenance than black

For people looking for a hack here, a little tire shine (on your tires obviously, not sheet metal) helps in between washes

Something about that glint makes the brain register the car as cleaner than it actually is.

5 Likes

Recently moved to AZ, haven’t seen to many black cars! Plenty of white/grey ones.

+1 to all the swirl comments / dust etc. Really pops when clean though!

Black cars and hot climates do not mix.

1 Like

I been hand washing my black i3 once every 2 weeks or so… it is really hard to keep it clean. As soon as it leaves the garage, dust will stick on it easily. Dealer washed it before delivery and left bunch of swirl marks on it already, so… ya… water marks, swirl marks, you name it, it shows it! Now I’m just kinda give up… spend too much on it, afraid I might ended up sleeping in it :rofl:

1 Like

Gee, I’m so glad that you’re so perfect and don’t have the mobility or neurological issues that might cause other people to drop their phone.

1 Like

Park in garage and waterless wash it once or twice a week.

Maybe I should just bubble wrap it?

In all seriousness, I really don’t care as much as someone else might. I’ve come to the realization over the last few days, I just don’t care. If it gets dirty, whatever - it’s a car, not my wife.

I know some are OCD about their cars, and I understand the mindset, but as long as it’s nice and comfortable, I’m happy. I’ve washed my current car maybe 4 or 5x in 2019.

Whoever said Silver car… blekhhh. To me its the most bland color ever. I don’t know why. Even though my longest kept vehicle was Silver Civic Coupe back in college, i will never be getting it again.
I currently have 2 black cars (530i and the lady’s MDX) and while I agree thats its hard to keep clean, nothing looks sexier than a freshly washed black vehicle) I have them hand washed ( giy literally spends 2 hrs on each car) once a month and then every Sunday before the work week starts I pass them both through the $2.99 touchless mobil carwash and they stay pretty clean.
I honeslty think, if you are getting that sick of a deal on an X7 right now, dont let it go just cause of the color. Who listens to In-Laws anyway :sunglasses:

1 Like

The first requirement of any vehicle the wife and I choose, is “NO Black”, Period. It is probably the best looking color on many vehicles, but after owning a Black 3-series for many years, never again. You looked at that thing wrong and it would create scratches like an etch-a-sketch before your very eyes…

Certain shades of silver are very nice (BMW’s donington silver, LR MB Bentley have nice silvers). And some cars are almost meant to be silver (MB G, carrera). Historically, silver was the color of MB

1 Like

My parents had a black car. Worst thing ever as I could never get over the dirt or micro scratches on there

I was always a huge fan of the millennium silver on the Lexus GS 00-05.

For those that would not lease a black car:

Do you consider yourself OCD about your cars?

For those that would lease a black car:

Do you consider yourself OCD about your cars?

We have had bad luck with black cars (both have been in several accidents) or it might just be because my mom was driving them lol.

They look great when clean but are hard to maintain.

I wouldn’t let it deter you at all. I have a QX60, I think it’s called black obsidian. Does it look dirty faster than other colors, yes but not by much. It’s our family truckster and probably gets washed once every two weeks. I like to keep my car significantly cleaner than my wife but it doesn’t bother me when I drive it.

Yes, I wash my other cars and lady’s white car twice a month also. other color can easily get away with waterless wash but not black one. The result after washing it does give me a big satisfaction. Nothing is better than a shinny black car. Especially during sunset, the reflection from the clean paint, very sexy! :heart_eyes:

Only mildly.

Car is bananas!

It’s bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S, IT’S BANANAS, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Take it you got it? I was able to demo one for a couple of weeks (Carbon Black MSport) and found it lovely but sluggish in 40i trim. 50i felt a lot more appropriately powered and I can’t wait to see if they bring out a 60i but at that point they’re butting heads with the Cullinan.

1 Like