Who has a black car?

You should totally get a black car. That way you can moonlight as UBER or Limo driver in your spare time so you can lease hack a maybach.

Make sure it’s black on black with heavily tinted windows

There’s nothing quite like a freshly waxed and cleaned black on black car. That being said, as OCD as I am, I will never buy or lease a black car again. There’s just too much upkeep for someone like me.

1 Like

What about black wheels on a black car?

Too much?

I personally can’t stand black wheels on black exterior but some people love it. But to get back on topic at hand, knowing that the car in question is an X7, the answer is absolutely yes to a black exterior on that car. It will look absolutely bad ass. I say do it. What color interior tho?

Silver always looks clean.

Just ordered an X5; black and black wheels on white interior. Let’s see how this goes…

1 Like

Not that it’s too much: you’ve spent this much time worried about car color because it shows dirt, but are considering wheels that show the most minor curb rash 100x worse than lighter ones?

Our new X3 is dark gray and it’s already driving me nuts.

1 Like

I’m honestly not that OCD, more inquisitive.

Think I’m pulling the trigger. Net effective .95% on a loaded X7.

Think I can replicate later in the year, but this car has everything I want and I think the black with black wheels on this truck is bad ass. This thing has serious road presence and I really don’t care if that’s dirty.

Worst case, think I’d be able to swap out quickly and recoup almost all funds.

Not on an SUV.

Unlike dirt and grime, this is within a driver’s control. Simply be responsible and don’t screw up. Same as people who are surprised I’ve never used a case on my phone, well don’t drop your phone.

Sure. And your spouse/partner/kids. And every valet and lot porter and service technician. Even if nobody else drives your car, someone else drives your car sometimes. And you can do a thorough inspection every single time someone else drives it despite your immunity to curbs, but it still happens. Easier to clean a black car than have black rims repaired if they get curbed was my point.

I’m not saying it’s a bad idea for anyone to get black rims, I’m responding to @212hackr who started this over his brother-in-laws comments about keeping black clean. It’s his ride, if he wants the blackout package he can get it.

I’m not ashamed to admit I have a phone case which has both protected my screen many times and replaced my wallet (3 cards was all it took) over 8 years ago. And I have insurance if it breaks. It’s a sub-$1000 tool that (like my leases) is always under warranty, if it breaks it’s collateral-exchanged 90% of the time, and it takes ~1 minute to clean if it’s dirty.

1 Like

I’ve had several black cars. They are harder to keep looking good vs other colors. You have to hand wash and avoid the automatic car washes. That’s where you get all of the swirl marks. If you’re not the type to hand wash weekly then a black car is not for you. An alternative could be a black metallic. I had a BMW in Black Sapphire and it was easier to keep looking nice than a jet black.

Had a black car before, said I’d never do it again. I did it again because of a good deal and I regret it daily. If you can’t garage keep to keep tree sap and whatever else off of it it’s a no go in the future. Even dew in the morning will make it dirty and leave super obvious water spots.

1 Like

So carbon black metallic or black sapphire metallic will be easier to maintain than a plain black like jet?

“Easier” in a relative sense obviously… it’s still like 90% of the work

1 Like

Run, run fast and far away!! Nightmare to keep clean.

What @max_g said. “Easier” is very relative… it will still be a PITA with any shade of black.

carbon black is harder to maintain bc when dirty it loses that deep shade, whereas black is still black.

1 Like

Yeah, I had a carbon black loaner a couple times and after the first day they never looked right!

Gorgeous color though