Which soccer team do you support?

Are you freaking kidding me? 4 goals (so far) for Portugal, without having Ronaldo on the field.

2 Likes

Heā€™s a liability now.

Can have the best goalie in the world but if your shooters all miss youā€™re screwed.

Only one missed. But others werenā€™t good penalties either.

breaks my heart see this ordealā€¦Hope he scores in the next game/s and then enjoy the oil moneyā€¦

Heā€™s an aging extremely talanted selfish narcissist :grin:
Ended up with 70% Portugese who wanted him dropped for this game and no one (big guys) in Europe wanting him on their team.

Ya, I saw that pollā€¦its like Brazil fans wanted Neymar to break his leg so that he canā€™t play :rofl:

Congrats to Morocco and Portugal both great games.

Is it soccer or football?

• Soccer
  • Football?

0 voters

futbol 1010

Whole world canā€™t be wrong.

1 Like

tu no sabe!

Flies eatā€¦

The excitement of a big upset and penalty shootout eclipsed the fact that it was extremely boring for 119 minutes ā€¦. Most exciting thing to happen was Sarabia hitting the post with the last real kick of the game, moments before hitting the post again to start Spainā€™s early exit.

Contender for worst game of the tournament

Happy for Morocco and happy to see someone break the Eur-LatAm monopoly on the last 8

1 Like

lol come on manā€¦which other game did you see ball being passed at this level and ended up going homeā€¦ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Agreed, I could watch great movement and passing all day.

The final pass was quite pathetic more often than not.

As was the coaching. They seemed to believe they were princes playing against paupers, and that their inevitable victory was preordained by divine right.

Passing sideways never creates penetration. Itā€™s almost the definition of impotence.

Especially against a team that didnā€™t really intend to press high, so they were never going to be exhausted by this tactic or have their formation get stretched out of shape. Futbol is about creating spaces as much as anything else, and a less arrogant team might have realized that their tactics werenā€™t creating any, instead of doing the same thing over and over again.

The most generous verdict on Spain last night is that they would have been less complacent against a higher-ranked team and might, just might, have played better.

serves them right for putting up no fight against Japan, looking for the second place after they went 2-1 down.

Two types of countries in the world.

Those that call it football. And those that have sent people to the moon.