What SUVs are leasing well?

yeah i know "(… i have a deal in hold with a 2023 kia sportage ex blk\blk 3500 signup 12k/48moths for $440

even a van–sedan i take at this point. the market its really bad … i will take anything

20.1k buy out option
and extend the lease they want $480

Have you looked at what the car is worth if you buy it out?

1 Like

You’re going to pay more to lease a smaller sportage for 4 years vs the total amount to buy and own your 2019 Santa Fe?

Plus it’s possible that Sportage deal including rolling in some equity.

1 Like

Checkout the northeast marketplace, see what brokers are offering atm. Then you can try to replicate one of those deals if you have the patience to go through all the dealers in a 150 mile radius or…pay the $499 and purchase via a broker

Your in NJ, where a federal rebate, a NJ state rebate and no NJ sales tax on EV purchases can all be stacked. That could be up to a $15K discount, but your still looking at ICE vehicles? You need to re-evaluate your choices. You should be looking at Model Y, Ioniq or Mach-E.

3 Likes

If you’re going to put a price range like 450/mo out there. And you’re willing to put 3500 down. You’re better off asking for cars that are 550/mo $0 das…

Even at 15k miles/year, seems like you are 9k miles over and will pay a hefty price in overage mileage. Sounds like your best bet is to buy it out. Santa Fe is plenty of room for 1 kid.

He can sell, he probably has some equity in it too

no reason to buy that thing out. it can be sold, has value w a clean fax.

Doesn’t sound like you are a good candidate for a lease, based on how much you drive.

Look into financing a sedan in the Corolla segment.

high mileage drivers are the best candidates for leasing.

1 Like

Not when you drove way over 45k miles every 3 years.

Sure, but you can also get a high mileage lease, effectively prebuying miles at a fraction of cost, and you stick the bank with any depreciation and possible diminished value claims. If you’re driving more than 15k a year, leasing is always optimal. Just do it right

1 Like

I agree with this 100%! If you lease and go over the miles, you pay for the excess mileage and turn the car back in. If you drive more than 15K per year (in a normal market) and finance your vehicle will be worth less come trade in time. Even if your car is in perfect 10/10 condition with a clean carfax it will always be compared to the “others” just like it sitting on the used car lot with 1/2 the miles. Leasing fixes your depreciation costs.

It does. But fixing in a higher cost is not necessarily a good thing.

The loss in value of a 3yr old Corolla going from 45k to 56k miles is going to be way less than paying the overage charge of 11k miles.

At the moment 20k

I guess it all depends on the car.

Wife’s Acura TLX lease ends in December and with us expanding our family in the coming years she wants to upgrade to an SUV…just seems like nothing is leasing well at all. Took a look at Volvo’s, Mercedes and Acuras and even with her ~$6k in equity were getting payment numbers back in the $600’s for a 36/7,500. Mercedes website is showing financing is CHEAPER than leasing…how is that even possible?

We might look into the new Rav 4 Hybrids but shes wants to stay in that ‘luxury’ class…any recommendations on what brand to look at? We obviously have time before the lease ends but were kind of at a halt on where to even look.