What SUVs are leasing well?

Is purchasing/financing an option?

Nope. Not planning on purchasing or financing.

would one of the brand specific offers work? something like this:

or this?

i would think your bigger issue would be finding inventory and finding dealers willing to accept these offers.

Yup, thanks! These look great. Whats the best way to find dealers that will honor these though?

I think why @TypeSH mentioned purchasing is as you know this is LH and if it currently made financial sense to lease we would. However in the current market it is making more financial sense to purchase than lease.

Lease programs in general have been not too favorable for the last 18 months with a few exceptions. If you consider a Wrangler 4xe a 5 seat SUV then a lease may make sense. Most programs have had a combination of lower rv, higher mf, less incentives, and less of a dealer discount that is required to make a lease make financial sense.

3 Likes

If you can find one, a Tucson Hybrid isn’t a bad choice.

5 Likes

Just curious, why is now a good time to be purchasing/financing? I figured it would be a bad time considering the vehicle you purchase may depreciate greatly if the used car market begins cooling off. It would automatically put you upside down on your loan wouldn’t it? I’m genuinely curious, I am still new to this.

I would purchase a kia sportage hybrid if i needed a 5 seat suv with excellent fuel economy.

1 Like

What you’re looking for does not exist. So while you may not have been planning to finance, that is the only smart move left when lease pricing does not make any sense.

Even in the good times a lease deal had to be extraordinarily good to be worth paying full taxes on the sales price of the vehicle, as is usual in Texas.

2 Likes

If you do not need to purchase or lease right now and have the ability to keep driving your current vehicle I would absolutely recommend doing that. You are correct, it is tough sledding right now, either leasing or purchasing. Many people come to this site that either through a need or want, they have to have a new car, and at this point and are trying to make the best of the situation at hand.

Historically leasing has been a way to get something new every 2-3 years with minimal cost and as you mentioned, offload the risk of depreciation to the lessor / bank. The way that happened was through a combination I mentioned earlier, a high rv, a low mf, incentives, and a dealer discount that is far higher than we have seen in the last 18 months. The difference in the monthly cost to lease vs finance has greatly shrunk. Now the question is why lease for $500 month when you could own it for $600 month. Take into consideration that you have no acq or disposition fee on a purchase though you do have taxes on the full amount and in the case of OP, Texas, taxes the full price of the car whether you buy or lease. For most vehicles, if you have to have it now, we recommend purchasing it and ideally you place an order vs on the lot to ideally get a few more percentage points off msrp. Their are a few vehicles that have been exceptions lately but they are rare and no five seat suv’s come to mind. Unless a Wrangler 4xe will fit your needs.

2 Likes

Another way to frame your first question: why is it a worse time to lease now?

2 Likes

My Bolt lease ended a couple years ago. The other car I have is a 2007 Accord which is pretty banged up.

I just need a newer car, preferably a 5-seater SUV to serve the needs of the family (driving around city, road trips, hauling kids and their bikes and my electric bike, etc.).

Been holding off the purchase hoping that the market would get better but things don’t seem to be improving.

Can I interest you in a Wrangler 4xE?

Doesn’t the Jeep deal conceivably work for the Grand Cherokee 4XE? Same discount. Same rebate?

discounts aren’t as good. numbers aren’t as good.

@ilpapa

I know the residual isn’t as good, but the $7,500 rebate should still be there. And. I assume affiliate pricing still exists at the very least. Feels like you might be able to still squeeze out a decent deal if the OP is indeed looking for a SUV specifically, It might be worth at least letting @Clutch run some numbers. And with gas prices going up, I would also assume the 4XE residual might be fairly solid even on the Grand Cherokee. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hello everyone Aim From New jersey and i am currently looking for a car for lease o finance… at the moment i have a lease SUV 2019 Hyundai santa fe limited ( gun metal grey/black interior ) $405 months 53.8k miles …i have 2 months left for the lease end…

soo i nee help to find a suv similar to mine eg kia Sorento { beautiful car } and less that $400 a mont… am open to option

top 4 pick
lates kia sorento
lates mitsubishi outlander
lates Wrangler (optional)
lates honda passport

i have a 1 year old daughter, i need that space in the vehicle…i need too bee under $400… top $420$430 a months

thank you for you help

Youre unlikely to get any of those at that price

6 Likes

I have one year old son, you don’t want a wrangler, but it may be your only option under 400

1 Like

What are the numbers to buy out your current lease and drive it for a few more years? I believe Hyundai has a pretty good warranty or you could pick up an after market warranty if that is a concern.

It’s likely one way to keep your payment low.

2 Likes