What’s the deal with all of the BMW posts?

Do you also have large hands?

5 Likes

i just did the deal for my wife’s a couple of days ago. so far no complaints. yeah the blind spot is eh. but other than that we got the base package and still has great features. comfortable inside also, just don’t do a long trip with tall people in the back

Boulder was filled with them. And Subarus. Some Audis too. i later found out Elans brother lives there.

1 Like

Well I don’t see allot of them going to the mountains or the parking lot of A basin(or the parking lot of any ski resort, probably scrambling for a charger), I think the ones you do see have a second home to plug it into when they get there.

No, they use the Subarus for that. Oh I forgot…Land Rovers too. Strangely homogeneous population I noticed.

I use to sell cars in boulder, they would show up with said Land Rover as a trade in and you basically wanted to avoid giving them a trade value or get them on some car with tons is trunk money so you could avoid telling them that it was worth half of wholesale book, discos and that really cheap pos they sold were the worst. It was like a cimmaron version of a Ford escape

Isn’t the X2 based on a shared platform w/ Mini?

Hated the X2 at 6’2", 250 lbs. Couldn’t get close to comfortable in it. Blind spots for sure. Drove fine though.

I found the 3 series much more comfortable.

Everybody is different. At 6’5" and 225, the X2 is a little more comfy for me. Both my wife’s X2 and my 330 have the sport seats, I should note. I would never get a bimmer without them. Ingress/egress is a part of comfort, and that’s where the X2 really wins out. I find I have to position my shoulder behind the B pillar in the 330 and really pull myself up and out of the car vs just sliding in and out of the X2.

Good thing I’m much smaller :grinning:

I should diet. It would expand my car buying options!

Even better, shrink. I hear good things about meth!

1 Like

Colorado has the largest state tax incentive for EVs so actually Teslas are more affordable in Colorado than in California. And if you don’t pay at least $5k in state taxes then you probably shouldn’t be buying a $40k car in the first place.

Alternatively you can run for president if you don’t pay any income tax…

2 Likes

So what’s the monthly on one of these EV’s in Colorado, I haven’t seen anything attractive.

For tax credits, you are better off buying since leasing lowers the tax credits significantly. Not that it is the most attractive EV out there but you can get a base Leaf for $15k before dealer discounts. For a 60 month loan your monthly payment should be below $300 and you 'll be building some equity. For a Model 3, you can get the SR for about $27.5k (plus sales tax) which is lower than the average selling price of a new car in the country so definitely affordable from a statistical perspective:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/average-car-prices-more-1-110000010.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAAnNaPUAF74t-gzSF1JZENvEc9h99wdoF_36BJ8s-Gfy3oD5O2DbgFNyvDle6LbY_pQELOiQSCk_pFF_P6kE_6b3-XpNXZRLnP9GdiaXp48-mn-9xYV2Li9cxz0pDhyeZ0dNWaJpI7ynzL9VPZhlguJ6W7JQ7GeWlPmVDRbCbfhj

No thanks, a base Leaf that’s capable of doing nothing I want for more than I’m paying on my 3 series fart car(“fairly loaded”). No equity in cars, just getting a portion of what you dumped in back. I’ll stick with my under 1% gasser leases for now. It’s all about the cash flow.

I found this amusing :rofl: The sales manager must have been soooooo pissed.

I wouldn’t mind signing a contract that showed 4995 miles instead :slight_smile: Makes manager and me happy…

2 Likes

Ha! When I get a loaner at BMW they pretty much tell me they will cut off some important parts of my anatomy if I go over 4,500 miles. :smiley:

1 Like

I once had a 2016 Acura TLX service loaner for 2 months during the Takata airbag fiasco; they didn’t have the part in stock. When I dropped it off I refused to accept a crappy rental car and then I refused to pick up my car until it was done. Their fault for giving me an open ended rental agreement with no limitations.

I picked it up with 1,200 miles on it and dropped it off with 9,600 :rofl: I even had to change the oil, I did it at a Valvoline because I knew if I took it back to the dealer they would put me in a rental Hyundai. Pretty sure my car was the first to get new airbags in the entire region. I was basically persona non grata at that dealer afterwards :smile:

3 Likes