What’s the deal with all of the BMW posts?

Ghibli also

Almost free Fiats

$200 tacoma and tundras

QX60:slight_smile:

There are only a handful of BMW dealers in SE MI, and from what I’ve experienced none of them are really willing to play ball. Inventories are always pretty crummy. Personally I believe it’s due to the large expat population and company car lease segment, both of which do not strongly negotiate for vehicles. Have been told the same by a friend who works at a BMW dealer. But I’m going to give it a run in April…

And Hyundai Genesis back in 2015/2016

Exactly. The question is after BMW, what is next?

Take it for what it’s worth, but I don’t think it’s just sedan sales. BMW has an X1 - X6. 6 non-sedan models right? Tesla is only selling one single non-sedan and in the future it will be 2.

Everyone I speak with acts like unless you get an X5 or X6, you’re crazy for looking at BMW. Meanwhile those same people have no issue with Audi sedans. I think Audi just ate BMW’s lunch over the last few years.

I must be missing something

In 2018, Audi sales worldwide fell by 14% to 1,812,500 cars but reached a new record 663,000 in China, Audi’s biggest market.

BERLIN (Reuters) - BMW’s (BMWG.DE) group sales went up 1.1 percent worldwide in 2018 to 2,490,664 vehicles, the company said on Friday, adding that it expected a slight increase this year despite challenging market conditions.

2 Likes

Revenue for Audi in the auto segment was relatively flat from 59.0B to 58.8B from FY17 to FY18. BMW went from 70.2B to 68.9B from FY17 to FY18.

If I combine that with your per unit data, it looks like BMW is increasing volume with lower revenue/unit while Audi is more focused on margin with decreasing sales… neither of which are working as both are taking hits to their margins.

So the financial information does back up what we’re seeing on LH.

1 Like

Undisguised pics of the upcoming Encore have been seen, so perhaps there will be Encore deals in the near future… :wink:

1 Like

2018 X2 showing $4750 incentive + $750 loyalty/conquest for my zip. Could make for a tasty demo deal. How bad are these things to drive?

I found it had a blind spot when I drove it. Nothing exciting but nothing bad either. It evidently doesn’t come with BSD since that’s premium for X3+.

Last year this time money factor was even lower. May is the month to wait for!! No one get beemers in April!!! Unless you wait until after I get one, then you can feast :smiling_imp:

But does it drive like a Mini or a Corolla?

Corolla no. And I think Minis drive well depending on the Mini. They’re quite fun to drive.

I really like the wife’s X2. I find it nicer inside and more comfy than my 330. Certainly has less power and handling of course. But it is nice. I am anxious to test an X2 35i.

Once this new Jetta has been out a year or two I wouldn’t be surprised to see post diesel disaster pricing. I was leasing two 2016’s for $150/mo

Go spew your tesla hatried somewhere else, we don’t care. Your just jealous my Tesla is faster than your slow bimmer. :slight_smile:

It’s a niche car for people that live in California, sorry wouldn’t work for me and I couldn’t afford it if I wanted it. Pretty much a no go for Colorado. Oh and I think I’ve told you this before, it’s leasehackr, so post your tesla lease hack(s).