What is Honda leadership leasing program and Honda Care Sentinel Service ( For Accord EX-L 2021 )

Hi All ,

I plan to lease a Honda Accord EX-L 2021

Can someone tell what is honda leadership leasing program ( HLLP ), Honda Care Sentinel Service , Honda Care Sentinel Service 3/45 ( HC SS 3/45)

Dallas Area

Should i be asking the dealer to give me these 3 programs by default or how much should i be ideally paying for these 3 options . Thank you

Note : searching online , so far , i found that
HLLP gives GAP and excessive wear $500 coverage .
HC SS 3/45 gives rental car assistance and roadside assistance

Thanks

Looking online, “honda leadership leasing program” is just a fancy name for Honda Financial leases. That’s going to be your program if you lease thru Honda Financial. Honda Care sentinel is a name for pre-paid maintenance plan.

Don’t even mention these programs by name to a dealer, to avoid unnecessary confusion. Tell them you either want Honda captive lease or thru a 3rd party bank, whichever program is better currently, and to include pre-paid maintenance, if you want any.

4 Likes

Thank you for your response .

Honda Financial leases
If I lease from HFL , I get GAP and excessive wear $500 coverage . by default ; Is my understanding correct

Pre-paid maintenance plan
During lease negotiation , can I ask dealer to add this plan for no cost /0 $ . how much should i pay extra to get this plan if he does not budge .

I’ll let Honda gurus confirm, but from what I know GAP is included in Honda financial leases. Unsure about excessive wear.

You can certainly ask, but I doubt they would give it to you for free. You could try negotiating the cost down though. On my recent Lexus lease, I got 3-year prepaid maintenance plan down to $350 from $1,100

Why? You will need 3 oil changes at ~$45 apiece. And probably a set of wipers which you can do in 3 minutes and a cabin air filter or 2 which is more like 4 minutes. Say no to everything. Get separate low deductible glass coverage on your comprehensive insurance as windshield replacement is about $1k.

The bigger cost here is the lease itself. What is your target deal?

4 Likes

This will be my first time leasing a car . dealership has 2 cars in lot for last 34 days .

My Target Deal is as below for Zip Code 75039 ( irving /dallas , texas )

• 10 % off MSRP would be ambitious ?

correction

6.25% tax in texas

You’ll need to broaden your horizon to a lot more than 1 dealer unless you get extremely lucky.

10% off seems reasonable to me. What have you found on other Accord deals posted on here and Honda forums?

In the absence of incentives or tax credits it’s going to be painful for an Accord lease. It may make more sense financially to buy and use that drive-off amount plus the $595 acq fee you’d save as a down payment on a finance. You’d have to see where the break-even point is on rent charge/lease cost versus finance charge/buy cost.

1 Like

Rethink this next time. For my last two Lexus leases i spent total about $600 for maintenance at Lexus dealership service. When You get to the service always request ONLY oil change and tires rotatarion.

Got your point . I will visit multiple dealership

• There is a $200 incentive
  • Could not find details about tax credits posted on forums (edmund or leasehackr). Probably i will get to know after i visit the dealship tomorrow

How do i decide the break-even point on lease vs buy ; the Leasehackr Score be above 8 years atleast ?

The main reason for that was VIP pick up/drop off service that is included with maintenance. For $350, I don’t ever need to set foot into dealership, they bring loaner to my house, and then bring serviced car back. This alone was worth the cost to me.

1 Like

Doesn’t Honda of Irving do $29.95 per oil change?

There is generally little reason to visit a dealership except to test drive or to pick up. You can do negotiation over phone/email.

LH score is completely meaningless.
Does the $200 incentive apply to leasing only? Is there a finance incentive?

Download an auto loan amortization calculator and review your cost of financing after 3yrs versus your cost of leasing.

I get $18,050 in payments after 3yrs ($501.39/mo) assuming that your loan is $28,677 ($28,877 selling price with $3114 paid up front for all taxes/fees plus $200 down payment) at 1.9% APR for 60 months. However the principal after 36mos is $11,798. Lease RV is $19,572. $19,572-$11,798 = $7,774 theoretical positive equity. $18,050 - $7,774 = $10,276 cost ($285/mo). Compared to $302/mo lease cost with the same DAS not a big difference, but something. This has to be weighed with the benefits of leasing (known residual risk). I did not include the lease disposition fee which is $350, so I guess one could argue that it’s more like $311/mo to lease vs. $285/mo to finance.

I think with an Accord it is a relatively low risk to compare leasing and buying like this and assuming that the RV is somewhat accurate. There is not much difference in buying vs. leasing in this case since rent charge is low and tax situation is the same since TX charges full tax on selling price up front. If MF was high, you’d see a huge difference in rent charge since it is not compounding like finance charge is (rent charge is always same $/mo whereas finance charge reduces with principal).

1 Like

Sorry i was not clear. Maintenance for Each Lexus lease cost me $300.
But it is obviously up to You how to spend Your own money. :grinning:

Not really sure I follow at this point. You said to rethink getting pre-paid maintenance next time, seemingly alluding to higher costs of getting it upfront, even though my cost is $350 vs your $300? I also clarified that one of major reasons I got it was convenient free loaner service that is included in the cost. I honestly fail to see your point here.

Nevernaind.
Lexus offers free loaners to every service customer.
Thanks

True. Not home loaner delivery/pick up though.

1 Like

You have to work out much better leasing numbers than those and work with at least 6 to 8 dealerships and play one vs the others. Don’t even bother with a $350+ honda ex-l lease.

thank you …

thank you …