What in the heck is wrong with most dealers not responding to pricing?

I feel that dealership are going into “overdrive” mode to really take advantage of folks.

For example: for a Hyundai Kona SEL Plus, this is a calculation with just 2% off MSRP and manufacturer incentives. Monthly is $289 based on Leasehacker calculator.

The dealers I talked to (3 of them) want $350 / month WITH $2K+ downpayment. I asked how did they come to that price and they refused to tell me the MF and price before incentive.They also do NOT want to negotiate.

Basically it’s a “take it or leave it”. That’s insane.

If it makes you feel better, that’s how LH deals are funded

5 Likes

There are no LH deals rn :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl:

LH-worth deals do pop up every now and then. Most recently the Wrangler 4xE’s. Though when the deprived masses surged for it, those sure went away quick :grin:

anymore these days if you want any sort of LH deal, brokers are the way to go. I’m really happy with m 21 leaf that Beach cities auto hooked up.

1 Like

This feels relevant here

AEEF4718-2729-40AF-9541-F25CD3574CCF

10 Likes

IMHO, asking for 2% off MSRP is not a “great deal”. That’s only $544 discount. If they want MSRP-only price, that’s fine.

But I still couldn’t figure out how they get $350 / month with $2K downpayment for a KONA SEL+…

You’re asking for 5 and change. NJ doc fee is 499-699 ime. Many shops are charging over sticker, my classmate works at a Hyundai dealer as a greenhorn, his shop got 20 cars when they sell 80+/month. Welcome to 2021.

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

Isn’t that what everyone hates about car dealers? That the price is always changing and no one ever gets the same “deal”. Seems like the take it or leave it approach is the no hassle experience everyone wants.

Also I will be curious to see the post where a sales person on reddit said they are making a respectable living off of uniformed customers because I have a difficult time believing an actual salesperson would use or imply those terms.

3 Likes

Just venting here, but there is a dealer on the PA MD border called Massey and they SUCKKKKKK!!! Seriously, they will not answer questions, or give quotes over the phone or email. They lie (shocker). Only way to get a quote is to show up with your drivers license, fill in a credit app and wait an hour for the four square games to begin. They literally won’t let you talk to a sales manager in person or on the phone. And they have the last exact car I want. F****ers!

1 Like

In all honesty, MOST dealerships even before Covid hit I wouldn’t get pricing via email/phone, they always want you to “come in”. We just purchased a Nissan NV200 last Monday for our business. For those that don’t know, Nissan is discontinuing the NV200 after the 21’ MY. So what you see on the lots right now is it. We were able to get them to come down about $2K off MSRP. But I was floored at how many people were in and out of the dealership buying cars on a Monday. The dealer looked busy as if it was the weekend.

I have so much hate right now. So desperate for the car. I know I’ll cave in a day or two and crawl in there, bend over and take it. I half hope they sell it first. The gift of mercy.

2 Likes

Ok. I have to ask? What is the car you covet?

1 Like

Have you considered not getting it?

2 Likes

Money is on it’s a Kona EV.

3 Likes

thats what i was negotiating on and gave up and got a leaf. im super SUPER happy with it!

2 Likes

I’ll spill the beans Thursday one way or the other. Trust no one!

2 Likes

The way he was describing it, I thought it was a 911 GT2, GT3, or Turbo S

3 Likes

Hey if I’m poking your eyes out, I’ll at least be polite about it.

1 Like

it just goes to show how many people are frustrated right now trying to buy/lease cars. this thread is getting quite a bit of replies. haha

1 Like