What in the heck is wrong with most dealers not responding to pricing?

Highlight the section of the reply you’re tryingvto quote. If you highlight the whole thing, it doesn’t display.

oh hey there we go! thanks dude!

1 Like

That’s fair man. A sale is a sale for us. Sure, some are better than others, but one unit could be the difference in a volume bonus every month. So I am not sure why they wouldn’t at least try to treat them all equally. Hopefully you get it figured out sooner than later!

5 Likes

This whole supply demand thing un fazes me and could care less.

Dealer told me “oh we could have done that deal a few months ago.”

I say “Then why didn’t you when I was here then?” (says the buyer with 5 profiles in the crm).

Don’t get me wrong, not all dealers are like this, but in South Florida it is definitely the rule not the exception.

2 Likes

Dealers are earning the hate in this market. I understand pricing going up due to lower supply and high demand. That’s fine, and a customer that doesn’t get it is a waste of time. However, I swear that 50% of dealer email responses don’t answer what is asked and 50% don’t respond at all. That’s just poor customer service and shouldn’t be market dependent.

2 Likes

Yea, I have been emailing dealers in a 4 state area looking for a lease deal on a 2020 Niro ev. I have had quite the negative experience so far. Lot of ghosting, lot of no replies. The ones that did make an offer were so bad that I either didnt respond or I asked for the breakdown to be emailed since their lease payments come out in the calculator like they want $2k to $4k over sticker!! On a 20?!

5 Likes

its only a matter of time before the tables are turned and no one is buying anything and theyre begging for people to make deals or else they’ll go out of business…

maybe not next month, maybe not in 6 months, but its coming.

Not to be THAT guy but; It’s couldn’t care less. Could implies you have more capacity to care lol… shocked so many mess this up still.

Supply and demand is very much a real thing whether you choose to accept it or not :joy:

6 Likes

You missed the point

1 Like

@cyak I prefer to keep it at could. Because as more excuses arise, I want to leave more room to care less. But yes, it’s not that people get it wrong, it’s that people type one thing and are thinking another. Lost in translation. :|Internet Problems|:

What gets me is the random apostrophes. “Best price on Honda’s evar!” :expressionless:

There’s also a thread on here titled something like, “Most Unique Cars…”
Something is unique or it’s not. It can’t be “more unique” than something else. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Aaaaaanyway, @adamwest2121, you may have better luck if you decide on your deal parameters and make an offer to the dealers. At that point, all they have to do is accept your offer. It makes it a lot easier on them as compared to shooting blindly at the terms you have in mind.

2 Likes

Hey, I did, I obviously didnt send them the calculator but I put all numbers in my email, sell, mf and rv, lease cash. etc. Usually comes to $260s and I offer them $275 and they still say NO WAY. Oh well.

I suspect the issue may be that your calculator is not correct.

1 Like

I’m currently in the market for a 2021 Explorer XLT 4WD. I’m (my wife) fairly flexible on exterior color. I’m set on a few particular options, so I’m sifting through dealer websites and looking at the window stickers of actual cars. I submitted a request through their website on a particular stock number. They texted me, asking some questions. I answered. They asked if this is a good number to have someone from our sales team follow up with you. Yes I said. The text said: “I’ll have our sales team follow up with you as soon as possible.”

The next AM I texted saying that I haven’t gotten a reply yet. They texted back apologizing that they can’t confirm exactly when someone from the team will reach out to me.

That was on April 29.

exactly my experience.

Whats funny is a week after i contacted them and I’d leased a car they reached out saying “we’ve been trying to reach you but have been unsuccessful, are you still looking ?”

No one ever reached out.

It’s interesting that I get this same exact experiences this year. I leased a car in November 2020 and it wasn’t this bad.

I am now helping someone buying a car and she’s experiencing the same thing - ZERO respond from dealers or they won’t budge on pricing.

I shared this with friends and family and created a Slack channel in my company about “buying car”. The goal is to share the experience so folks are informed and won’t taken advantage by paying extra $$$. I have to look for it again, but in Reddit, there are salespersons boasting that they’re making $10K - $15K+ a month by screwing up uninformed customer, especially those who just need a car for work.

We all know there’s a shortage, but the consensus seems to be that car dealerships are out to screw customers up to the wazoo at this unprecedented time.

1 Like

That’s nothing new. People that go into five figure financial commitments without taking the time to educate themselves do tend to overpay significantly, now and before.

4 Likes

Spot on! I agree with you here

It’s a business what do you expect, from what I see they lack volume so instead of making $500 off 5 people they are now making $2500 off one person.

I basically had to settle for msrp for 2 f-150s because they would literally sell the high end stuff as soon as they hit lots.

Times are crazy now, if you need something It’s basically pay to play, thank god for tax writeoffs.

1 Like