What happened to all of Clutch’s threads?

So would y’all say that trusted hackr selling out to Clutch was a Unicorn deal or possible to replicate? Has the bubble burst or will incentives make it worth it?

/s incase y’all need the clarity =D

I was always a fan of Clutch, and he can still be used outside the forum, but you break the rules, especially when on top, the risk got the consequences, deceit aint the right move.

3 Likes

meanwhile clutch;

2 Likes

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

1 Like

Mark me down as another that had a great experience with Clutch. And also a long time lurker that has watched while other brokers have screwed over countless members here. He was a trusted broker who didn’t screw consumers over, communicated well, and had good connections and put together good deals. This feels like a hit job by other brokers to reduce competition. Lots of people play on the fringes in sales, but I’ll take those guys over the ones that stab customers in the back.

7 Likes

Haha we are not gatekeeping information! This was posted right at the top of this thread and addresses the who’s and what’s:

Tl;Dr is a broker and TH were in cahoots which is obviously unacceptable, hence the disciplinary action being taken. The site admins make it very clear that THs are not here to push business for brokers or dealers in exchange for compensation. Our role only exists to help and provide value as trusted members of the forum.

4 Likes

It doesn’t say as to who made the tip to M&V lol

Nothing like the picture of bare feet on a backseat footrest :clap:

4 Likes

I definitely concur with this. There are brokers posting on this thread acting high and mighty when they definitely have a history that is not perfect. One just needs to look in the bowels of the 4xe threads to see some of the shady stuff that happened last year…

I always appreciated that Clutch stayed out of the fray, and also refrained from political conspiracy theories that often litter the Off Ramp threads.

I would still use him again. The lack of transparency here is what I believe is causing the most issues…and the feeling that brokers are now prioritized above longtime users.

3 Likes

My interaction with Clutch was prompt and professional. Interested to know what he did and how the rules were applied.

Let’s take a look at the ethical violations that take place:
Dealerships are not allowed to share deals base on some Manufacturing agreement but we have “brokers” that are maybe acting as an agent of a Dealership. We don’t know the affiliation of a broker with the dealership. Maybe LH conducting their due diligence when a broker is applying for a broker status for a fee by LH. Any concerns here?
Then we have dealerships taking multiple custom orders by an individual. They don’t care if their flipping the car, but they can use that as cause to not fulfill the order once the vehicle shows up at the dealership. Any concerns here?
There are many more actions on here that could be seen in the same light as what said broker may or may not have done that was seen as an ethical violation?
Can’t wait to see how the east coast brokers are going to “fill the void” and reclaim the “business lost” due to a reputable brokers taking a bad review to heart. I’m the same way when it comes to my profession. I can have hundred positive feedback but one bad comment/feedback is taken to heart. I’m more concerned with the brokers that don’t give a flying f, leave for months or year, and then come back to LH on their high-horse.

3 Likes

Meanwhile Nissan western regional office is trying to figure how they can survive this.

27 Likes

Let’s assume a broker or a dealer tipped them off.

IMHO, this should not be shocking. Why should they be incriminated?

In most cases, complaints are made by those who are directly impacted. Consumers, competitors or enforcers. Those who don’t have a direct stake, usually don’t take the trouble to complain. But that should not make the tipper-offer bad person or entity! They are doing what any normal person would do.

2cents

1 Like

Going to step away from this post. I’ll be back once the owners (Michael and Victoria) share more info with those seeking answers.

5 Likes

Hi everyone,

Please allow us some time to go through your comments and respond. We will share with you what happened and our perspectives.

We will lock the thread for the time-being.

Thank you.

28 Likes

Clutch had a Trusted Hackr working for him for months without disclosure, well knowing this constitutes an inherent conflict of interest. This is a major breach of trust that this community builds on. Upon careful consideration, we took punitive action to deter future ethics violations by any member of the business community.

We have no doubts about the appeal of Clutch’s deals and we hear you on the quality of his service. We regret that we had to make this call and would consider having Clutch back to bring the community deals in the future, but for the integrity of the community, we believe a fair penalty was needed.

18 Likes

is he gone for a year as mentioned before or only 3-6 months?

You guys should look into dealer/broker fee structure

Seeing many deals with excessive dealer fees $1k plus then another $500-$1k for the broker fee which is discretionary

Clutch had deals that seemed pretty straightforward

Brokers will run this forum as they pay the bills - as it’s the main source of income for the founders

7 Likes

My $10/month as a super supp isn’t keeping this place afloat?

5 Likes

I’ll ask what no one has the cojones to ask and if I get lit on fire so what

You banned wantingadeal and gave clutch a warning okay that’s fine…
As soon as someone opened their mouth SoMeoNe GoT a 1 YeAr BaN everyone starts talking
Why didn’t you ban him before? Is it because the brokers started complaining? See that’s not right to ban him after you took corrective action
1 year ban? That’s way harsh
This man gives us easily the best deals on here and his competitors really saw a way to snake the guy
He deserves a 2nd chance, many brokers have done shady things and got away with it, it’s not the end of the world.

I’ll take my week ban now

42 Likes