What does it mean.. no money down for lease .. but then it says 3k due at signing?

am I missing something? that doesn’t sound like no money down?

Inceptions such as Awuistions fees, registration and taxes

1 Like

First payment, registration and tags, bank fee, tax if generally due upfront, etc.

Dealers like using confusing language to bring you in. While no money down sounds like it should be $0 due at signing, they are indeed different. When shopping deals, if you want a true sign and drive (nothing paid by you at signing), use the term “$0 due at signing.”

As other posters indicated, a dealer will say $0 down, but that is only your down payment. The rest of the fees make up the total amount due at signing, which, if you had a down payment, would be added atop those fees

7 Likes

Money “down” usually refers to money applied as a cap cost reduction. Due at signing is the money you pay. “Down” can also be ambiguously used to describe due at signing, so you must always be specific.

8 Likes

No money down = nothing additional beyond fees, tags/title/license/registration, first month payment, acquisition fee, etc. Sometimes also called “drives only.” You can have a “sign and drive” or “zero drives” lease where you roll all of those fees into the lease, which effectively just makes the monthly payment more expensive because you’re financing those things.

1 Like

I can’t believe no one’s posted this yet.

3 Likes

Lionel Hutz would kill it as a car salesman (as long as he stays off the west side).

1 Like

so Ive been watching some vids on leasing… In it… he says always ask first what the 0$ down cost of the lease is and then work from there… I’m interested in a Honda CRV sport … They all require money down… Are they going to just laugh at me when I ask the ? also, everyone always says not to put any money down on a lease… is this a pipedream? thanks

Don’t start by asking for a quote. Set a target deal based on what you see in Marketplace and knowing the key leasing numbers. Then ask dealers to meet your deal.

3 Likes

Turn off those videos. Any video thats starts with telling you to ask the dealer how much they want you to pay is a video not worth watching.

You should never talk numbers with a dealer without knowing what the price should be, and when you do, it’s all about getting the dealer to do your deal.

4 Likes

There are some cars to lease and some to buy.

Honda CRV is solidly in the “buy” category

2 Likes

Like others mentioned. Honda CRV is not a car you should lease (financially speaking).
They can easily make it $0 downpayment, no issues. They can also do $0 DAS which is sign and drive. The general consensus is to do as little DAS as possible. Definitely do $0 downpayment.

I would spend some time on how the deals are structured and then use the calculator to get your own numbers. Then tell the delaers what numbers you want rather than asking them for their numbers.

You can spend some time looking into marketplace to see which cars lease well. Then you can run the numbers for that particular trim and start hunting. Reading around the forum would help considerably too.

2 Likes

@max_g does LH site update/maintain the list of “Most wanted leased cars” on the forum somewhere? LH does have the data, AI should be able to do it.

1 Like

Maybe someone can mine the data but it becomes obsolete quickly. For example last month Audi Etron GT and then after 2/29

Too Late You Missed Out GIF by Cloie Wyatt Taylor

Make sense, looking for something cheap for park and ride. lease probably. used doesn’t work, no time for headache. Ariya fit the bill that’s why I asked for CO deal. Any other idea for my use case?

Not going to park my 80K LCI G05 and 67K G60 vegas red.

Where are you located?

West coast preferred but I don’t mind picking from The US of A.

Being shipping X5 back and forth from Coast to Coast where deals are made.

I actually just signed on a no money down lease yesterday . zero sign and drive… it was weird…

Nothing weird about a $0 das lease. Genetally all you have to do is tell them that is what you want.

2 Likes