What are you watching? No spoilers, please

I’ve been watching every episode of Real Sports on HBO. I’m not a huge sports fan, but the way they report and what they report on is super interesting. Wifey agrees.

1 Like

If you like police shows: Broadchurch seasons 1-2 on Netflix.

Everyone should take advantage of many HBO shows being free for a while

I watched Tiger King and well thank God they released it during this chaos

1 Like

The Mandalorian and West World, with my friends Disney + credentials of course, and his brothers HBO credentials

2 Likes

Narcos Mexico also a good watch.

1 Like

We just watched Tiger King and Unorthodox on Netflix. I’d highly recommend both for completely unrelated reasons.

6 Likes

If you haven’t seen it yet: Breaking Bad!!!

Shows/series that I haven’t seen anyone mention yet:

• Better Call Saul
  • Westworld
  • Schitt’s Creek - my guilty pleasure :money_mouth_face:
  • Curb Your Enthusiasm
  • Barry
  • The Outsider
  • The Roosevelts: Ken Burns doc
  • Big Dreams, Small Spaces (with Monty Don, Britain’s fave gardener) - I love this show bc he makes the homeowners do their own garden renovation work and it has very cheeky humor. Family appropriate!

Movies:

• The Handmaiden - this was weird but so suspenseful!!! Do not watch with kids
  • Parasite - won an Oscar
  • Tell Me Who I Am - disturbing and full of WTFery

Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul are great but if you’ve managed to get away without watching either I would really recommend you wait until BCS ends airing next season.

I can see a slight similarity there, both religions are bonkers. :grin:

1 Like

The result of lack of moderation.

1 Like

For anyone who owns a Camaro and also loves tiger king?

4 Likes

“The End of the F***ing World” and “Unorthodox” are my 2 current favorites on Netflix.

I thought the first season of Ozark was good, but kind of got tired of it during season 2. My wife was crazy about it and couldn’t wait until season 3 came out.

We binge watched like 4 or 5 hours of it when it came back. I don’t know, I just kind of got sick of it. Everything just seemed so even toned. Kind of same toned dialogue, blank faces / gray filter with that classic Netflix soundtrack of erie piano tones in the background. I don’t know, I couldn’t seem to get past that this time around and really just gave up on the story line. Might give it a try again, in smaller bites, in the future.

On the other hand, Better Call Saul is a great binge watch. I’ve seen every episode when new and much preferred watching it in bulk. No need to catch Breaking Bad first; this holds on its own. But as mentioned above, it would probably be treat to watch BCS and then Breaking Bad as a first timer.

1 Like

I started watching Tiger King for the second time and I still catch some weird shit that i had not noticed during our previous binge. We found first season of Ozark a bit boring so didn’t continue. Unorthodox is nice too.

We are also watching Little Fires Everywhere on Hulu. My wife likes it more than I do, though she is frustrated they didn’t actually film in Shaker Heights (she is from that area originally).

BCS before Breaking Bad would actually be really interesting. Could be controversial, but I think both of them are on the same playing field in terms of quality.

1 Like

Netflix:
Sex Education: In love with it.
End of the F***ing World: Brilliant.
Russian Doll: Binged hardcore.
Big Mouth: So funny. Love Maya Rudolph, Nick Kroll, Jason Mantzoukas…
Dracula: It’s fun! Just don’t take it too seriously.
The 100: Pretty dumb, but all of the sudden many hours have passed…
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Also kinda silly. Brings back my 90s nostalgia.

HBO:
Westworld: Latest season is unexpected, and really liking it so far.
Succession: Who hasn’t binged it yet?
Whitmer Thomas: The Golden One - Comedy Special

A good portion of my entertainment time these days are spent on Podcasts. I won’t derail this thread on recommendations for those.

3 Likes

Use this one! :sunglasses:

:bat:

1 Like

If you like dark warped indie movies. Check out “the platform” on Netflix

Loved season 3 of Ozark. One of my all time favorites was the Wire on HBO.

1 Like