What are you watching? No spoilers, please

The Wire is always great for a rewatch. Even if you’ve seen it 10 times you always find little bits you missed.

1 Like

Love “Nailed It!” on Netflix (the French version is also very funny, even w/ subtitles).

I’m a few episodes into “I Am Not Okay with This” (also on Netflix). Not what I would considerable binge-able, only b/c each episode (while short) is pretty intense.

Nailed It! is the best. Nicole Byer makes me tee hee hee.

Can confirm: The Wire, Sopranos, Rome, and Deadwood (Especially the movie last year to wrap it up) all incredibly rewatchable. Six Feet Under and True Blood are slightly less (but still) rewatchable.

I’m caught up on Succession but I find it so enamored with itself it’s unwatchable. Not Arli$$ bad but it’s lost on me.

So good. Probably one of the best TV shows ever made. I’ve rewatched S1 and S2 multiple times (which I never do this fast) and S3 is great. And if you don’t get it, it’s not for you, which is totally fine. But it’s Lost complex (Minus loose ends).

Did someone already mention The Expanse? So so good. Amazon really polished a piece of coal into a diamond there.

Wtf is happening in season 3 of Westworld? :grin:

An excellent FBI drama I just remembered: Mindhunter!

2 Likes

No spoilers…

S1: the hosts (re)gain sentience
S2: the hosts take the park
S3: the hosts take-on our world

This season has almost no flash backs/forwards so it should be less confusing.

MH was ok. Writing was a bit prime time wonky. I had trouble getting past the main character being straight, he was also in Looking (a gay Sex and the City set in SF, not to be confused with the American Queer as Folk which is gay Sex and the City set in Philadelphia. Looking also got a wrap up movie like Deadwood did). He brings a lot of that character’s aloof-ness but also becomes an egomanic which kinda doesn’t make sense? Not my favorite “real life adapted for TV” drama but it’s something to watch.

2 Likes

2 shows I’ll need to revisit.

Oh yes, I was into it through season 1, but haven’t watched the rest. The cars in the show were honestly the most impressive part!

I watched the first episode and never kept at it. Glad to hear it’s worth watching; I really liked the concept.

It is my obsession right now. I’ve re-watched each season before the next comes out, but it may be time to start from the beginning. @XxHaimBondxX S3 is beautiful, and like @jeisensc mentions, it takes the story line through to another dimension.

1 Like

People who say S1 was best didn’t get S2. Every season unfolds another layer, another dimension. They’re all good but the show just gets better with age.

The acting range is incredible: Dolores (the farmer’s daughter from Sweetwater) and Maeve (The Madam from the Mariposa) who have both traveled so far in their own way, and now they are chasing each other through our world. And when characters are sometimes other characters, that depth is there.

Yes, I fully agree. Each season is distinct and adds new complexity.

They both are insanely good. It was a revelation when I pieced together that Maeve is played by the same actor as the TT driving woman in the MI:II car chase. As a child, one of my favorite movie scenes :joy:

1 Like

I realize I left out the obvious: Bernard (whose whole name is an anagram of Arnold’s) is both the Greek Chorus and so much more.

And Aaron Paul has really blended well. Felix was the tin man for the first two seasons, AP has stepped in nicely.

The ladies in Ozark carry the show. They all have their moments. Wendy, Ruth, Helen and Darlene… Wouldn’t cross any of them.

1 Like

forgot because it ended: the americans

and Mad Men ~ very rewatchable!!!

1 Like

Excellent suggestions in here. Most recent for me in reverse chronological order:

1. Star Trek: Picard
  2. Tiger King (obviously)
  3. Into the Badlands (AMC Show, awesome fun)
  4. The Expanse

I don’t know if anyone mentioned Man in the High Castle, but that was an awesome show. It was so intense at times it made my wife actually look up from her phone.

2 Likes

Mad men was excellent. If only AMC had been more racy when it was made!

1 Like

I Did a South Korea movie night tonight.

Parasite and train to busan. Both were excellent. Only downside was having to read subtitles for both movies.

Train to Busan might have been my favorite zombie movie ever. Def top 3. I already want to watch it again. Parasite was very funny and very dark at the same time. Highly recommend both.

3 Likes

Good news for you, there are prequels and a sequel coming soon!

Animated prequel : Seoul Station (2016)

Sequel: Peninsula (August) known as Train to Busan presents: Peninsula

You can find trailers to both on YouTube I think! Seoul station can be streamed with Ads online for free, just google it!

2 Likes

I actually know the Director from Parasite, pretty chilled guy
There is a sequel to Train to Busan coming later this year, I think

2 Likes

You are welcome! And welcome to the realm of k-film

That’s so cool! He’s an awesome director! Also don’t tell him about kdramas or my favorite k rap!

Ouch… lol