Weirdest things said by dealers "You're still important to us."

Got this gem today. I had to reply. Redacted to protect Kurts identity.

13 Likes

To be fair the BDC department just sends low quality follow up to people who put in inquiries 15-60 days ago. A lot of it is just copy paste or automated

“Did you buy a car yet” yeah sure. but You’re still important to us lol even Kurt thought it was funny.

1 Like

Got told that a macan might not be the right vehicle for me unless I pay the website asking price.

Re: a macan loaner.

6 Likes

The correct answer is to ask him what he drives, and if it’s not a Porsche

“Sir, you might be at the wrong dealer”

1 Like

Did he give you the phone number for VW?

2 Likes

Must be Vonnegut

1 Like

I had a P car dealer tell me they won’t discount their Macan loaners more than 5-10% off stating, “this is why Herb Chambers is a billionaire.”

11 Likes

I had a volvo dealer tell me a volvo is not for every one.

16 Likes

Had a West Coast MB dealer tell me via follow up: “We really appreciate your purchase of the 20XX MB XXX, but prefer you not come back to us again in the future.”

35 Likes

5 years ago, I had an East Coast Audi dealer tell me that that Audis were not distressed merchandise after I had asked for more than 10% off on an A4.

Let me see if I can find the email.

5 Likes

I got something similar from a West Coast BMW dealer a few months ago. This type of behavior makes me think that the rates are not high enough. Especially in your case if they’ve already sold you the car what’s the point of sending this email?

6 Likes

I’ve dealt with this dealer before. They are a strange bunch, very strange.

Anyone been called a liar by a dealer? If yes, let’s see some receipts. :grin:

10 Likes

The first half of his point is valid.

2 Likes

Most people do lie in negotiations. “Buyers are liars” is a pretty common phrase in the industry.

All of us brokers are lied to multiple times each day I’m sure

5 Likes

Like these from back in the day? “If I look hard enough” I can find a “less expensive” brand and should stop insulting people at 12% off.

What was I thinking?

Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 2.12.32 PM

Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 2.14.41 PM

3 Likes

I made an offer to a dealer on a hyundai palisade years ago, he said no. No worries, another said yes.

He emailed me a week later, asking if i was still interested at a higher price. I said no thanks, i got the deal i offered elsewhere.

He told me i was lying, those numbers were impossible, and that he would pay me $50 if i showed him a contract.

Sent him the contract and shockingly, he never responded.

23 Likes

Maybe gambling was against his religion.

9 Likes

This was today
Wholesaler doesn’t make money? :joy:

15 Likes