Weirdest things said by dealers "You're still important to us."

bidlane absolute garbage :imp: I fell for their jerk around twice

2 Likes

someone else had a good experience thought id jump in but i guess after his they learned their mistake :joy:

1 Like

I had something related happen a few years ago at a BMW dealership. When I made them an offer (which honestly was not even anything LH Hall of Fame material, just a good solid LH type offer) I told them if they could do this deal I would come down and get two of them that afternoon.

Their reply——

“Kindly sir, we do not want to sell you one car at that price, and certainly not 2. Please have a good day”

I’m almost certain they blackballed my name and number :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Is this orange county? If show, is it the sales person I am thinking about?

It was the glen cove Ny dealer. The finance manager is extra fiesty

Asked for a little love on the selling price of the car (they were at 5% off and another dealer was at 7%) Mind you it took a record breaking 27 emails to get them to honor their advertised price, super shady dealer.

9 Likes

nONPrOFiT OrgAniZatIoN

8 Likes

2 Likes

Must be your first time shopping for a CDJR if you think dealers willingly honor ad prices :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Theres a reason most CDJR dealers have awful online reviews

3 Likes

Rallye offered me an “opportunity” to trade in the 2020 S560 for a 2023 S580. In the e-mail, they had the 2023 at MSRP and a trade value on the 2020 that was $15k less than the MMR. After numerous, albeit probably automated, follow up’s from the GSM, I felt compelled to respond. Asked him to point out the “opportunity” since they were not doing anything on the 2023 and were trying to steal the 2020 from me. No response of course.

3 Likes

Rallye bmw is no less. Their service departments are pretty good though

Rallye BMW used to be good back when they had a specific GSM. After he left, it went downhill fast. You are right about their service department though. Adam is the man!

2 Likes

Who knew the “c” in 501(c) stood for Chrysler.

When did dealers get the ability to check how many times you opened a email?

Pretty much any email crm can do this. There are clear pixels that load each time you open am email unless you have images turned off.

1 Like

You only tried to hack a macan because you’re a leaseaddict.

This one was recent as in this week:

Disclaimer: on EQS, found out later $2500 lease cash can’t be stacked with $3500 penfed. Only take the better one.

1 Like

Get your emails for initial, commercial stuff like this forwarded through duck.com or use something like Proton Mail, a VPN, etc.

1 Like

That’s wild :rofl: :rofl:. Casually asking for 23k off. How did it work out??

1 Like

I commend the guy on the honesty. We are well aware dealers are businesses and they have a right to make as much profit as they think they can make. We the buyer have the right to go to a competing dealer willing to accept our offer. All’s well that ends well. I wouldn’t feel slighted against for this response, though. The man ain’t wrong.

2 Likes