Almost all the deals posted can’t be replicated

I’m surprised no one has told you so much for him being your “friend”

“Educate to replicate” - @senwia

5 Likes

I think this guy is just trolling. This is the first comment/thread he has ever posted on LH.

2 Likes

That’s not my purpose to poorly influence somebody with bad information, or disrespect the site, I’m only stating my personal experiences, I’m done, everybody have a great day, no disrespect intended to anyone about anything, all the best

Still waiting for OP to post a link to the i7 deal they shared with their dealer friend. Oh well.

2 Likes

You didn’t represent your post as just your personal experience. You’ve repeatedly stated that your opinions represent “the facts”.

Nothing you’ve typed has been either constructive or shows evidence of your statement. While

you have not shared anything tangible for people to react to here

1 Like

#Almost all the deals posted can be replicated with a few exceptions

Due to New Year Fever…OP forgot the essentials of hustle!

How does an attorney of all people make a statement with zero nuance and then get sensitive when people argue and disagree?

It’s not like people are posting leases from Uganda or from 20 years ago. Every deal posted here outside of insider deals are within the realm of replication possibility during that month. It becomes a matter of having the negotiation talent, putting in the legwork, and getting lucky that you find a dealer in the same conditions.

6 Likes

Consider using the services of a broker if you’re having trouble shopping.

7 Likes

A friend or family member at a dealership is not going to provide a unicorn deal. The majority of the deals we see posted from people with some type of a dealership connection are typically what could be classified as awful.

1 Like

I’ve found that the friend, relative, etc., is among those who offer the worst deals. Don’t know why but that’s just my experience. My advice is for you to expand your search. There will always be a dealer out there willing to play ball, if your expectations are somewhat within reason.

3 Likes

100%.

To get a unicorn deal, you must be prepared for the possibility that the deal was so good they never want you to come back.

1 Like

At attorney who still cannot post the deal you are referring to and no evidence?

Alright Mr Bird Law attorney

2 Likes

Im just saying but you should change your statement to “Almost all the deals posted can’t be replicated by me by going to my childhood friend that is a GM of a dealership”

As an attorney, let’s break this down and find out WHY.

The simple answer I come up with is that while your childhood friend may be your friend outside of work, he may be the reason this isn’t replicatable.

Just because someone is your friend especially in the car dealership world, doesn’t mean you will get a deal. The opposite may be true, they prob think an easy sale from someone that won’t push back because ya’ll are friends. Especially a damn BMW dealer.

I’d be curious to know the time OP puts in. He seems frustrated that his friend isn’t able to give him the same deals he sees here … I get that. But I think the people here are trying to help you out you just need to be open and maybe provide data. No one is taking anything you say personally it doesn’t seem to me.

OP have you read a lot on here? There are a ton of canned responses about checking the marketplace and creating a target deal that you send out to dealers. If none are willing expand your search or if you don’t want to put in the time hire a broker. Don’t get discouraged.

True story here - I had a family friend of mine that literally watched me grow up try to shaft me on my first BMW deal. Lied straight to my face and told me that the port installed options THAT ARE ON THE WINDOW STICKER cannot be sold at invoice lol. When I pressed him on it he told me “I need to feed my family”.

Safe to say he unfriended me on facebook when I went to another dealer to buy the car after having them special order my 340.

Fast forward about 10 years. His son is now dating my wife’s little sister. He’ll be my family soon lol.

8 Likes

So what you are saying is that he tried to screw you. And now his son is screwing your sister-in-law

7 Likes

#1 welcome (back :wink:)
#2 Got it, thanks for sharing. Here’s to 25 more years of leasing from friends

OP’s gone… took it personally.

Oh well, unless there are objections, I’m shutting this down in 3… 2… 1…

2 Likes

Thread served its purpose