Weird Experiences at Dealerships

wow man, these are some weird ones, can’t imagine Mercedes salesmen being lousy.

No. Not at all. It was a waste of time. I left almost immediately.

Do you mean that in a facetious manner? For as long as I can remember, the luxury brand salespeople in my area have been complete turds, with the occasional exception here or there. A notch above Honda/Ford/CJDR/etc., but still classless and clueless. I don’t know if that’s consistent across the board, or just in my area.

Well you do work at a Toyota Dealership… most Indians look for reliable cars and Toyota and Honda is what comes to their mind. It also holds resale values.

LOL. I’ve gotten three cars from Herb Chambers Boston – a Mini, Honda, and my husband got an Infiniti. The Mini test drive was the best – the guy let me take it onto Memorial Drive. Last time I was at HC Honda, I felt like I needed a shower afterwards … they’re such sleazeballs in there. I was offered a deal of $375/month with $3k down on a 2017 CR-V EX. The creepy sales guy looked like he wanted to kill me as I walked out and said “no thanks”.

This creepy?

1 Like

:rofl:

The guy reminded me of Luis Guzman, actually.

My man Trump looking like a hawk. Wonder if the president or past presidents would have cut it as car salesmen?

1 Like

Bill Clinton would be an awesome salesperson, and this is a compliment. Unlike the current one.

2 Likes

Yeah, considering most of the salespeople I’ve dealt with, Bill would fit right in.

Not sure if you’re doing it on purpose, but you are illustrating very clearly why people hate car salespeople.

Here’s the thing about that. I don’t care. I hate most car salesmen. They’re mostly idiots and sleezeballs. They can’t tell the truth to save their life. At least I’m honest. Have a nice day!

7 Likes

i found your post entertaining and believable based on my experiences.

I aim to please! I love reading entertaining posts and all of my experiences and stories are true, so that kind of stuff does happen.

Not weird but still - got a quote on 36K Kia Soul EV+ (with 19.5K of discounts and rebates) of 280/month with 2K down. I know residual is crap in those but 280?? With national offer 199/month. It was my second try to get Kia, looks like it was the last one.

That’s stupid high. I rather get a Bolt for less.

Audi is praised for having performance no one needs but are glad to have. that salesperson has no clue what they were talking about.

I agree and sympathize with Falcon01. In general, they are a total PITA to deal with. I work in the mortgage industry and without fail whenever we deal with them it is the same scenario. It’s like they are part of an organization that has a script. They basically all want the worlds lowest rate (a rate I can’t even obtain myself) without paying any points or an origination charge. They also expect me to cover all of their closing costs on top of that. I could care less about the race/religion/nationality of my clients, but they are without fail a total time waster. This is based on about 40 - 50 interactions. This view is also shared by other the loan officers in my office. On top of that, they want me to put together 4 - 5 different loan estimates based on very different scenarios they want quotes on. Sorry if I offended or upset anyone. That’s not my intention. It is just what I have experienced.

There is a simple solution to this. Don’t deal with anybody, regardless of race or ethnicity, that you think may waste your time. I ask some pointed questions in my industry, and as soon as I get an answer with uncertainty in it, I kick the person to somebody else to waste their time with. It’s actually pretty effective. My competitors waste time on leads and people that generally turn out to be a waste of time, and I focus in on those that I have a good feeling about.

Sure, sometimes the ones I pass up end up turning into something, but big picture, it’s not worth the time I’ve saved by not having to deal with all the rest.

2 Likes

Yup, exactly. 99% of the time, they are time wasters.