Weird Experiences at Dealerships

This moaning and bitching has gone on way too long. Give it a rest?

I just busted a gut laughing in my office at your last sentence. So casual.

1 Like

Trump would have made a great one. Then when the husband was in the finance office finishing up the paperwork, he would have banged the wife for good measure.

Agree. While Bill would have been high five him all the way through.

Think I struck a nerve trying to get my price down in writing on my Encore after being told that they would make it happen, "just come on down!"

I feel like asking him to give me his address, so when I DO make this happen (like last week) I can drive on over and let him check it out lol… I’d even bring him a six pack of whatever he likes using the money I saved, no hard feelings! But yeah it’s probably not worth it.

Be nice about it.

Just send him an e-mail/text that you have leased another car and are no longer in the market. Thank him for taking the time to give you a quote.

1 Like

I know… I’m just thinking out loud! I wouldn’t even bother replying to a call or email from them at this point. Especially after the next email he sent. What happened to being able to hit what I was looking for if I “came on down”? Maybe that’s why I asked for a breakdown?

Like I posted, don’t react to his weird E-mail, just send him short note to let him know the situation. It’s only fair. You don’t need to get into some long discussion with him.

The other issue I would make is that you are going back and forth with the sales guy. You really need to be texting/e-mailing back and forth with the floor manager or someone who can cut you a deal.

I know, I just reached back out to him since he eventually flipped me over to the manager anyway on my Acadia and he was OK to deal with. I didn’t expect much, just gave him a shot at this since they came close on the Acadia. Never again though.

“Listen” …

Them’s fightin’ words!!! :wink:

Meanwhile I got down to 169 with 169 due at signing from his “198 plus DMV fees”. I don’t think I even want to make the deal anymore and I’m tempted to just get it anyway to drive it onto his lot and shove it up his rear end.