Watchhackr anybody?

I’ve been chasing a pepsi or a starbucks for more than a year now and likely will for the next few years. It’s too bad there aren’t any lists of dealers that are known to have an actual waitlist. Similar to no markup as a policy dealerships.

There are a few reputable dealers on TRF that have advertised both pepsi and starbucks recently. The new/unworn 2023 ones are asking above MSRP. It all depends on how much you want it of course. I agree with you about the dealers, it’s very much so about who you know/how much $$$ you’ve dumped there. No actual lists exist.

Yes, I knew Tudor was Rolex’s more affordable brand. They use to use off the shelf movements for Tudor until they started producing a few in-house movements. Rolex protects their designs, brand name, etc. probably more than any other brand. I believe they even have their own foundry/gold production for any watches that use fine metals.

Last year when our child was born, I decided I wanted to buy another nice watch to commemorate the event and ultimately pass down. I was between the Tag Carrera CBN2010.BA0642 and the Tudor Black Bay Steel & Gold. Liked the Tudor better but the Tag was a great value as well.

I don’t think I’ve seen any pepsi or starbucks or any GMT for that matter at MSRP, whether new or used. Highly doubt any dealer on TRF is advertising MSRP even for a used one. Heck, even a 10 year old sub goes for $10kish which is nuts.

1 Like

Sending you a private message.

Who can just go and get a Daytona from an AD?

Can you connect me?

Once you get connected can you connect me. Pls friend

I can get 95+% off all types of Rolexes. No need to PM me. Dealer is on Canal and Broadway in Manhattan.

3 Likes

Funny thing is that I have family members that have both bought a Daytona at an AD and worked Canal and broadway selling those rolexes and chanel and gucci lol. #justchineseamericanthings

You can! You just need to spend $100k in other jewelry first! Although to be fair my nephew was the luckiest bastard when he got a 2 tone seadweller with a 2 week wait.

I got mine from /r/reptime :rofl:

I remember a time when even Costco was selling them.

You can get any Rolex for free and on demand, ADs hate this one trick! (Just make sure you have a gun)

They’re up to ~$45/ea in Shenzhen now for anyone else who frequents the 大陆 (more for non Chinese speakers, I imagine. They start the war at $300+ :joy:).

Used to get them for $5 back in the 90s. Inflation hurts.

Designed own watch using parts from eBay and etsy.

3 Likes

You assembled it as well?

1 Like

Ok GIF

2 Likes

Yes, it was my first time trying it (pun not intended). The hardest part was sizing the stem length. I cut it to the correct length, then filed it. I didn’t take filing it into account. They are cheap parts, so cutting a replacement wasn’t a costly mistake. I like fishing, so that’s why the hands are fish and the logo is a fish too.

4 Likes

For a first timer, that’s great work!

You going to try it again?

Yes, I’ll make another for family/friends for a special occasion. It’s a nice way to create a thoughtful gift that can be customized to an individual’s hobby, career, etc.