VW ID4 lease followed by buyout - help me understand this deal!

My deal from last month might also be helpful. Buy out was super easy did it within two weeks of signing.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/signed-my22-volkswagen-id-4-pro-s-rwd-502-mo-das-2200-39m-10k-mi-msrp-48k

1 Like

Your calculation isn’t correct. Incentives are usually taxed and why are dealer and government fees $0?

I know it’s not entirely accurate, but I don’t have a breakdown of all the fees. I estimated the government fees at $699 and the dealer fee at $499 and got something close to the number they gave me. The $7500 incentive is the EV lease bonus. Is that taxed or not?

Here’s the updated calculator: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

I believe it is taxed

1 Like

Thanks. I want to make sure I’m calculating the buyout correctly. Is it roughly (selling price - $7500) * sales tax? It seems to be around that in your case, but you had an additional $500 incentive.

You will need add the government fee, dealer fee and acquisition fee and rental charge for the 1st month (about 211/m for u) if you buy it out within 1st month. I paid 2 months worth rental charge. Just got title (about 4 weeks after sending payoff paperwork to VW). Sorry that is your total cost. You are correct about the buyout cost roughly

Been in contact with 5 different VW dealerships in the last few days, and finally signed what I think is a pretty good deal on a Pro S RWD: $2150 drive off including first payment, $560/mo before tax (36mo/10K), and $27,157 RV (54%). Will be sharing the payoff amount in the next few days.

Thanks everyone for your help :pray:

1 Like

We can do 10% off with a 40 basis bump for anyone interested.

Dc area.

2 Likes

Congratulation. As long as you negotiated the sale price significantly, the MF has little impact even if there is mark up.

1 Like

That is a good deal with immediate buyout. I got about 2500 off MSRP.

ID.4 AWD Pro

That’s the configuration and its headed for dealership.
For a Texas resident, does it make sense to get it? No need of a car, this is purely from flipping standpoint.

Without any credits, you’d have to pay tax on selling price.

That plus acq probably destroys any chance of flipping for a profit.

Thank you @max_g

Mine is a little similar like yours. RV its same :slight_smile:

ID.4 AWD Pro

Texas lease with reduced sales tax (1.25% tax)
41262da3e68808ee9e31c4d9214f3710dc700d20-14

Not sure if there is any profit potential.

Question-
Is third party buyout possible for Volkswagen lease?

I don’t like the sticker increase on the 2023’s vs the 2022 that I got. Texas doesn’t do you any favors but this is a good discount for a 2023. I’m not sure for profit potential.

VW credit allows third party but outs but charges the dealer a market price so it’s really not worth it. For all purposes the answer is no they don’t allow third party buy outs.

1 Like

If you mean by third party a dealer that is associated with a vw dealer, then yes

May I ask the reasoning for lease and then purchase? Is it for those who don’t quality for the $7500 tax credit?

When you lease you get instant EV credit but if you Buy then you have to file for the credit with IRS.
Also lease MF might be higher if you finance through some Credit Union you will get a better rate. So thats why some people leasing it first and then buying it to reduce the intrest rate.

1 Like