VW ID4 lease followed by buyout - help me understand this deal!

Because :

• Some People don’t qualify for the $7500
  • Some cars don’t qualify for the $7500
  • All EV Leases qualify for the $7500, but some manufacturers don’t pass the full $7500.
  • There is a nice list of EVs that get the full $7500 on Lease with weird MF and RVs

So you lease the EV (at some sky high MF), then buy and Refinance at a lower rate and you get both! Low APR and $7500.

3 Likes

Now one is entitled to use the ev credit only once. Would this be a work around for some to use it more than once ?

That only applies to purchases not Leases, Leases are unlimited.

On leases, manufacturer is using the ev credit and passing on to the buyer. Now all manufacturers dont do that like Ford or Tesla…
So you can buy as many leases wirh ev credit you be still good.

1 Like

Hello all, I am hoping someone can help me with these numbers I got from the dealership and whether I should ask for additional discount. Currently it is at MSRP:

is my first attempt at working directly with a dealer. Here are the numbers:

LEASE DETAILS

CAP COST - $ 40,290.00

DEAL CONTRIBUTIONS - ($ 7,500.00)

Acquisition Fee - $699

License Fee - $650

Doc Fee - $395.00

State inspection - $ 25.00

FEES - $ 1,769.00

ADJUSTED CAP COST
$ 34.912.40

Appreciate any help :slight_smile:

There is no “you can only claim one federal ev credit” rule on a new vehicle. There is a limit of once every 3 years on the used ev credit.

1 Like

Ok then I had mixed it up with the used ev credit. Thank you for clarification :pray:t3:

Read above, you should be getting 10% off msrp not paying msrp…

Sounds good. Thank you. I will push for a discount

Can we get 2 tax credits in the same year. Say you buy model 3 and get a 7500 rebate and then can we lease and buyout and get an Id4 in the same year . In the acee of the latter I presume the dealer is passing on his commercial rebate to us and our tax credentials are not used for getting the 7500 rebate on a lease.

If I do a lease and buyout when should we do the buyout . Can I do it within the first 30 days

My dealer is quoting OTD price of 37, 500 on 2022 pro S on lease and buyout. So as I understand I can put a 0$ down payment and then pay the rental for 1 month ( 300$ ) and then just pay the buyout of 37500. Is that accurate ? Can I also down the line go for a Tesla model 3 purchase with 7500 rebate ?

Lease tax credits and Purchase tax credits are different.

You can get unlimited Lease Tax Credits right now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.