VW Arteon starting at 35k

They were also common back in the day, as “coupe” and “sedan” used to refer to the roofline cars had. Four-door coupes and 2-door sedans aren’t anything new.

There’s a lot of hate for the Arteon based on something from 10 years ago.

I owned a 2010 CC in manual. The Arteon is nothing like the CC.

If you’re all basing your opinions on the Arteon based on a similar silhouette of a design from 10 years ago… boy do I have a history lesson for you.

lets talk numbers guys – cant find the residual on edmunds lol

Really? :grin:
Disagreeing = Hate? :thinking:

That looks SLOW!

It’s just meh. All the 5-door liftbacks in the US look better, even the Buick Regal. Except the 330GT I guess.

I mean, you can disagree, that’s fine. However, I didn’t see much disagreement, mostly just hate because it “looks” like a CC in shape and silhouette.

Lots of cars “look” like their predecessor vehicles in shape and silhouette form.

2-door sedans are an actual thing.

The Vortex edition Arteon is already out

I accept “Liftback” and “Fastback” as a sub category of Hatchback. They ultimately serve the same purpose, but with an elongated slope over the blunt end of a standard hatchback.

Liftback is to Hatchback as Shooting Brake is to Wagon/Estate.

On topic, I have only seen online speculation of RV in the high 40’s, low 50’s. Maybe, I’ll call the local VW dealer, and ask later today.

I’m actually not a big fan of slammed V-dubs.

I’ve never liked such extreme camber and air bag suspensions. I think it’s tackless and that’s Arteon is no exception.

Not a big fan of “stanced” cars, either. I like that subtle, stock look on cars.

You are completely off here. Why would someone even hate a car for its looks? I didn’t even “hate” Aztek. I couldn’t care less for that Arteon, it did not show me anything I haven’t seen before from VW. I also couldn’t care less if you decided to criticize S60, for example. That’s all I’m saying. So, you can relax and enjoy it.

I am relaxed! I wasn’t going to start criticizing other cars just to try to justify my opinions!

I don’t know if I’ll enjoy the Arteon or not, haven’t driven the thing, yet!

I see I hit a nerve here :grin:
BTW, it was my opinion which you took as criticism and hate.

It wasn’t yours, necessarily. I noticed other members were criticizing it because of a legacy left by the CC.

I get it. I owned a CC. Meh-est flagship that’s ever meh-ed. I’m honestly not bothered by the fact that people don’t like it, haha.

I was looking for a conversation regarding the Arteon merits, not the CC’s. Haha

And I was trying to make a point about its merits - just meh looks, CCs twin with new technology.

Fair enough. I suppose I don’t see a lot of CC in it.

Between the change in headlights, grille design, hatch, and taillights I personally don’t see it so I guess that’s where my misunderstand stemmed from.

Yep, fair enough. I only see cosmetic exterior changes. Similar to rear lights changes on CC.

I lost hope for the CC after seeing 10 years of the same engine and powertrain and interior. It was outdated by 2011 and was hopeless by 2017.

Hopefully the Arteon will be a more engaging and better value proposition.

I’m talking only about exterior design. Obviously, this should be a much better car altogether.