Volvo S90 T6 - $300/month A-Plan

That’s not bad at all. Assuming you can live with the lower horsepower engine. Everything I have seen or heard mentions the sluggishness of this spec. Enough so that it scared me away from even looking.

In T6 trim, at 60+K its a steal, at T5 spec, it’s just another sedan in my opinion.

Not sure how the numbers look for Volvos this month, but for under $500 per month I would go after the T8. Unfortunately budget does not match my tastes. :smile:

Yes, that’s why I calculated based on 6% off + 3K OR you can go without a-plan and 11% off (should not be too difficult) to get to the same numbers.

@Jesuscookies - yeah, I can easily live with less power for that payment :slight_smile:

Is it just me that’s mildly bothered by the insane decimal places on that calculator?

1 Like

I don’t even look at them, the final number is what matters :neutral_face:

Jesus Jususcookies… $324 is 0.6%/mo, approaching half of the 1% rule. The T5 has 250hp- have you driven one? Unbelievable…

We’ve got $6,000 lease cash on all T5s and $7,750 on all T6s in NorCal and Arizona. SoCal could be different, but not too likely.

@Ursus - would you agree the 6% off is more like 5% off if you adjust for the non-discounted $995 destination and the typical $500 advertising?

If you add advertising - then yes, but I don’t know how a-plan is actually calculated. I think it is 6%, which is invoice without advertising. But if you go to a dealer and ask for invoice you will always get advertising fee included. Destination is always included, anyway.

The T5 is really hard to drive…when you are busy wiping away the tears from knowing you could have a much better optioned T6 for less.

4 Likes

Yeah, T6 in April was an absolute steal which I could not steal.

1 Like

This right here! no way I am going to drive a T5 for the same price I could have had on a T6. Just be kicking myself everyday for missing the deal.

Better to let it go, and hope something amazing comes up next go round.

Where are you located, Jesuscookies?

To your point it’s an attractive deal and I’d recommend it to anyone unaware of the T6 deals

Base A-Plan is invoice. Without advertising, charity ($10), or port-installed options, invoice is 94% of MSRP not including destination (destination is not discounted 6% for A-Plan). For a dealer with $500 advertising (I’ve seen it range from $0-750) and $10 charity, their base A-Plan price is $510 higher. It’s easiest to just use invoice as the base A-Plan (it usually says it right on the invoice) price. Port-installed options have a different margin than 6% as well.

Then T6 Inscription should make it for a better deal in CA/AZ. MF/RV is close to T5. Other T6s MF/RV are much worse.

Obviously, compare a T6 deal to a T5 and the incentives to the dealer will vary by market. Since a T5 starts out as FWD, the T6 tends to be a big jump as it’s also AWD and typically an Inscription. So a T5 FWD Momentum is going to be a substantially less expensive car than a T6 AWD Inscription, which also tends to have more options.

So, this is what we are doing here - calculating based on the 6% a-plan discount. Don’t understand why you even brought it up in connection with a-plan.

Not entirely. I’m seeing for 36/10:

T6 Inscription AWD 52% and 0.00025
T6 Momentum AWD 54% and 0.00074

Correct, I was looking at 24 months.
Edit: mixed up trims. MOM is good too.

But if there’s around the typical $500 advertising, the 6% rule goes out the window because reality is more like 5% and hackrs are going to be screaming bloody murder. A-Plan is based on invoice, not so much 6% unless you adjust for advertising, $60 of the destination, and difference in margin on port-installed options. Getting the actual invoice shouldn’t be too hard after all the other disclosures being demanded.

So Cal. 20202020202020

With deep discounts, 24 months becomes very attractive and less of a bump from 36 months. Factor in avoiding a 40K service and maybe tires, and it can be well worth it. If you wind up doing a 9 month pull ahead, it’s effectively a 15 month lease. Yay!