Volvo S90 Deal - What do you think?

Signed deal at end of January (edit)

2018 Volvo S90 T6 AWD Momentum

MSRP: [$60,850]
Selling Price: [$54,600] before incentives and rebates

Incentives: [$3,750 + $2,500 for allowance and lease cash or some combination of the two]
Rebates: [$3,000 A-Plan]

Acq Fee: [$995] rolled in

Months: [24]
Annual Mileage: [15,000]

MF: [.00105] (Buy rate is .00088)
Residual: [62%]

Cap Cost Reduction: [$1,100] (Trade-in)

MSD: [$5,000]

Total Due At Signing other than MSD: [$1,353] (1st month + DMV + Doc Fee + taxes on fees and taxes on cap cost reduction) (edit #2)

Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$382]
Sales Tax Rate: [6.35%]

Couple of notes:

1. Found other places offering the lower MF but decided to go with this dealer due to color combo I wanted.
  2. I think the MSD amount should be $4,500 instead of $5,000. I originally was going with 36 month lease which generated the $5,000 number.
  3. I know the trade-in is not generally encouraged but I think of it as offsetting the acq fee.

So your 1353 due at signing was with the trade-in credit figured into the cap cost? Iā€™m showing the marked up acq fee and MF are adding $29/mth to the loan. 10.2% is a good discount. The monthly is good given the mileage requirement. I think the MSDs are high (but they had trouble determining mine when I signed a month ago).

Correct. 1353 was with the trade-in credit figured into the cap cost. I had the MF as adding about $500 to the overall lease, but was comfortable with the 10.2% and wanted the color combo. I know the acq fee is high but I actually didnā€™t see anyone else come off that $995 number. Guess thatā€™s a miss on my part.

I just re-read your comment and how I wrote it in my original post. Let me clarify. The 1353 included the ā€œtax on cap cost reductionā€ and ā€œtax on feesā€ and ā€œtax on rebatesā€ not the cap cost reduction itself (trade-in of 1100).

Looking for some insight on this offer:

2018 Volvo S90 T5 FWD Momentum

MSRP: [$54,600]

Selling Price: [$49,100] before incentives and rebates - *edit

Incentives: [$5500 for allowance and lease cash]

Acq Fee: [$995] (I know this is +300)

Months: [24]
Annual Mileage: [10,000]

MF: [.00045]
Residual: [63%]

Total Due At Signing: [$1,432.38 ] (tax, license, first months)

Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$527.19]
Sales Tax Rate: [9.5%]

I donā€™t qualify for A-plan or Loyalty. I know I can do better but am not sure where to squeeze. Maybe an extra 2% off MSRP before incentives but where else can I go besides offering MSDs? Iā€™ve tried recreating the deal in lease calculator and it comes up much lower so either I am missing something (definitely a possibility) or thereā€™s something included that heā€™s conveniently left out of the quote? Thanks.

That sales price looks too good to be true. After the rebates, thatā€™s nearly 30% off MSRP. If thatā€™s correct, youā€™re monthly should be much lower than what you are being quoted.

Thoughts anyone? Reminder I donā€™t have A-plan or loyalty. I understand MSDs would shave off $35 a month but at the risk of Hackr heresy, I donā€™t think itā€™s worth forking over 6 grand (even temporarily) to save that. Thanks a million.

Iā€™d also take a look at T6 MOM, extra $1750 in dealer cash and better residual I believe.

Get A-plan AND do the MSD and your payments will be sub 400ā€¦
A-plan from sams club
MSD from money under the mattress ā€¦

Thanks. I joined Samā€™s last week before learning about the 30 day wait. Guess Iā€™ll wait til end of next month and hope the incentives stay relatively the same.

Itā€™s worth waiting for 3k discount for 30 days. And Volvoā€™s arenā€™t exactly flying off the shelves, so the more you wait, the cheaper it may get (crystal balls predictions)

1 Like

The ability for A plan to stack on a discount higher than 6% ends in March. April onward will not be as good.

@KFBR392 try the Sams club auto link for the Volvo benefit, some people reporting getting a rejection, but then a code anyway. That or call customer affairs.

2 Likes

OK thanks. Iā€™ve called a few times and been told no but it costs me nothing to keep trying I guess.

Also, FYI if you get someone with an existing card to add you as a member itā€™s still 30 days wait from when youā€™re added, not the date of original card holderā€™s initiation.

So basically you get A-plan pricing for being a Samsclub member ?

Didnā€™t want to open a new thread. What do hackers think about this initial offer on a S90 Inscription? I have A-Plan through VCOA.S90_quote

I think it is a moot point now, as this quote is dated 3/28 and incentives have changed a lot for April.
It still looks like a very bad deal, in March, people were getting Inscriptions for 4-500ā€¦
At the very least ask your dealer what the deal looks like now, in April

I will get the April numbers from Edmunds and see what I should be aiming at. Thanks for the feedback.

The way A plan works with other discounts has changed as well so even with Aprilā€™s residual and MF your quote may be very different from where you were in March

So, there is a total savings of 12,266 on inscription using A-plan and Volvo incentives. I think there is $1500 lease cash.

Previously, you were able to use the $3k a-plan bonus on negotiated rates beyond the 6% discount before incentives. Here in Ca, that meant that a $65k MSRP T6 Inscription would have a monthly, after tax, of ~$500 for 24/15.

The change in a-plan policy has that capped at 6% discount now. Even still, you should be under $600 post tax with 0 down.