Volvo S90 Deal - What do you think?

You are in a region which still has the decent S90 incentives, so with the higher residuals this month and A-plan you would be able to get a decent deal. Target 10% off MSRP before any incentives, then layer on your incentives and as djrabbi mentioned, lock in pricing before mentioning A-plan as dealers will discount below the 6% discount to invoice that A-plan affords you.

1 Like

Is the volvo club still working? is it a minimum 1 year of membership to qualify or 30 days?
this is what they mention in there website

"A-Plan by Volvo
Eligible* members may purchase up to 2 new Volvos for their household each year at substantial savings. The Program has been expanded to include special pricing on new Volvos (amounts vary by model) and a fixed dollar incentive on Certified Pre-Owned Volvos and on OverSeas Delivery orders. *A minimum of one year club membership prior to eligibility applies to all. Must be a current (paid-up) member when applying and at time of delivery. "

what is Cliffs? I tried searching it but nothing related to volvo came up

CliffsNotes are an abbreviated version. A summary

a) Volvo ads are usually shown driving the Volvo by cliffs with some poetry-like spiel.
b) Other people, after having driven Volvos for a few months, prefer to drive off the cliff since the Volvo is so boring.
c) When you take your Volvo for service, the prices can be as steep as a cliffā€¦

3 Likes

Anyone getting 10% off MSRP on 2018 T6 MOM?

Working a lease on S90. Here are details. Any feedback? My calcs show that they have marked up the MF. This is initial offer.

2018 Volvo S90 T6 Momentum

MSRP $60850
Sell price $49850 (11k off MSRP)
They have not spiked out dealer savings versus incentives but my research tells me there is $6250 of incentives so Iā€™ll call it $4750 reduction off MSRP which is 8%.
Total adjusted cap of 50883 (+995 acq fee and 38.36 of tax)
36months/15k
Residual = 54%
Tax = 6.35%
Monthly: 634.23 incl. Tax

Total due at signing: 1,329.33 (First month, Reg Fee $200, Title doc Vehicle Prep $495)

My research tells me MF is .00088. With these numbers Iā€™m backing into .00114. Tisk tisk.

My approach is to get MSRP discount before incentives of 10%.

Then apply A-Plan (just learned my company is partner. got company code. addā€™l $3k rebate)

Possibly use MSDs.

Resident of CT. Purchase in MA.

With correct MF, I get to $611 w/tax, $574 without. No MSDs.

The T6 MOM is a good candidate for Msds because of the relatively high MF compared to other S90 models. 10% off + Aplan + buy rate MF + standard acq. fee + Msds gets you in the 400/mth range which is good now for a 15k miles lease.

Any update on this deal? I am trying to decide between an E300 and S90. Both seem to have gotten less juicy in January.

Not closed. They wont negotiate on MF but came down another $500 off of MSRP. Looking to get to 10% off of MSRP before rebates. I think Iā€™m sitting around 8%. Havenā€™t shopped it yet as Iā€™m struggling to find the interior color I want.

Iā€™m in the process of signing paperwork on a S90 w/ MSRP 59840 in California. With A-Plan I was able to get down to 356 a month including tax 24/12 lease w/ MSD. I received a 9% discount before any incentives or rebates. Honestly, I definitely could have gotten lower if I pushed a bit more, but I liked the car with the specific options and color scheme I wanted so not worth my time to push for another -$20 a month. I did find that it was not too difficult to get 9 - 10%. It was really hard to get anything over that without marked up MF.

January has higher residuals so you can still get good deals. If you lived on the west coast and have A-Plan there are $9750 worth of incentives and rebates.

3 Likes

Congrats. The west coast is the sweet spot this month for S90 deals due to highest incentives and the Volvo increased January residuals.

1 Like

Is there still an additional discount for owning a competitors car?

There was one published on several west coast dealer websites, but it had an ending date of 1/2/2018. Some people with access to Volvo incentive data said the program ended at the end of Nov 2017 (but that was an up to 4500 pull ahead, instead of a flat $2K).

No competitor / conquest rebate AFAIK in January (at least on the west coast). From what I remember, the incentives and rebates that were available:

• Volvo Allowance: 3,750
  • Lease Cash: 3,000
  • Volvo Loyalty: 1,000
  • A-Plan Elite Rebate, 3,000

Hmm what about the pull ahead?

How should I think about the A-Plan pricing for Volvo? I understand there is the 3k rebate. In addition to that, A-Plan also gives a discount off of MSRP. How is that handled with the dealership? Meaning, does that truly count as a reduction from the dealership? For example, if A-Plan pricing is 4k below MSRP, and they are offering 4.5K below MSRP, are they only ā€˜concedingā€™ $500? Want to know how much I should push on it. Thank you.

Has anyone been able to confirm a current pull ahead program? From everything Iā€™ve found, the last S90 pull ahead program ended 1/2/18.

A plan is invoice pricing (6% off msrp). Volvo dealers will go lower on A plan deals, how much lower depends upon competition and how bad they want to sell the vehicle. When I bought mine on Jan 2, it had been pretty easy to get to 8% off before incentives, but much harder to get more than that on a vehicle I wanted. I ended up leveraging an out of state deal against a semi local dealer to get to 12% off before incentives on a 2018.

1 Like

I donā€™t think it exists anymore.