Volvo S90 Deal - What do you think?

The Momentum has 3% better RV

I guess it also depends on the term. And my fault for not putting in more detail, the RV was worse for the Inscription but it had a better MF. Formulating that on my 30 month lease it was minimal difference. Althoughā€¦ Iā€™m not up-to-date on all the numbers this month but thought they were pretty much the same.

Either way, the message hereā€¦ Do Your Homework

1 Like

To echo DNJAā€™s post. Its just a math problem. Get the residual and MF from Edmunds for different lease lengths and calculate which is more cost efficient. The answer may vary slightly from month to month and for different terms depending upon what Volvo wants to sell more of that month, whether you use MSDs, etc. Typically, a delta of >7% in RV between 24 and 36 months makes the 24 month lease less expensive, especially if there are tons of incentives because the same incentive is amortized over a shorter time period. But just do the math in each case.

Well after reading most of these Volvo post, it makes my math look bad. New here so the Dec 2017 info on a 2018 inscription AWD no hybrid may not apply now. As far as I can find on Edmunds is MF-.00047, RV - 51 on a 36/12k. Dallas TX tax. Donā€™t see any rebates yet. Trucar (for lite comparison) shows MSRP at 63,640, Invoice at 59,881 and Tru market at 53,953. There has to be more room in this 53 number. Sad thing, I can only apply a AMEX discount. no others fit me. Any info would be appreciated. Iā€™m a little over a month out on the lease but will move quicker if there are deals sooner. Thanks CC

I would wait until next month unless you find a dealer willing to give you an amazing discount off MSRP and tax credits. Volvo changed the incentives for Jan 2018 on the S90. Dallas is in the Southern region and the amount of incentive cash for lease on the S90 is only $4750 (down from 8750 in Nov/Dec). They did increase residuals to compensate some. But other regions (northeast, upper Midwest and west coast) have a higher incentive amount (6750 for west coast, 6250 for east coast), so that combined with higher residuals, makes leases decent there, but not in South.

No problem waiting. But for clarification, that 4750 (if done now) is part of the initial selling price (53953 and change) correct.

More than likely 3750 of it is as thatā€™s the sales allowance, the other 1000 is lease cash, which wouldnā€™t be in a truecar purchase price.

Thanks. Iā€™ll follow up on this thread in a month to see if more info shows from others.

Wife and I got same for $499 with DMV, first months at signing.

I am trying to get an S90 awd inscription. I need A plan pricing. How can I get A plan pricing if my employer is not sigbed up?

you can start by searching
Cliffs: not easy as it used to be. VCOA is closed, check with family or you can attempt to have your employer sign up (this has been said to not be easy either)

Volvo club but you need to wait 30 days now after signing up.

Volvo wonā€™t let you get a PIN from a friend as they ask them to be a signer on the lease or live in the same household. I had a PIN but my wife was only signing the lease. They asked for Marriage Certificate, License both need to have same address.

@anon46843959: any way to know how much % A-Plan (just a guesstimate I understand) generally saves on the MSRP?

6%, but itā€™s more about extra cash it provides. And you always negotiate more than 6% discount on Volvo anyway.

1 Like

@Ursus: as in more incentives?

Yes [20 charactersā€¦]

2 Likes

I wonder what other incentives the S90 qualifies then with it (APlan). I just built one on the Volvo configurator and it automatically added -$6,250 ($3,750 and $2,500) in offers for 2018 S90
T6 AWD Inscription (essentially loaded minus the air suspension).

Some guys here have a-plan and they can post incentives. @cheapdad00?

Usually gives you Invoice pricing plus $3000.

DO NOT TELL THEM ABOUT A-PLAN in the beginning. Get them as low as possible then tell them to add the A Plan bonus.

Here are current S90 A-plan incentives. The key difference is NO A-plan on 2017 S90s which is a change from last month.

1 Like