Volvo EX90, the XC90's Electric Replacement, coming November 9

Minimalist to the point of impractical, reminds me of apple of Jony Ive days, dongles galore.

As someone said, the front looks like Hyundai, that should be easy fix. And add some physical buttons in addition to tablet and we will be good.
As for the cost, only market will decide on how many they sell. 2024 is far way although most likely will deliver before I get my cybertruck

1 Like

Because they went from this

to this

?

1 Like

I miss the Hella fog lamps.

…in only like 30 years.

Well, XC90 in 13 years. S60 in 9.

You’re making me miss those old boxy sleepers.

In reality, it went more like this:

OT: While EX90 is a tiny bit longer about 3.3inches than the XC90 they share the same wheelbase so besides the interior redesign everything else is Volvo/Polestar styled as expected.

2 Likes

I put in my $500 deposit at my dealer. They said they got 30+ in the first day, but I was lucky to be #1. Seeing as this will hopefully be eligible for some sort of tax credit, this will be a great deal! Hopefully they have another option than wool. I have a feeling it will not tolerate water well

2 Likes

Recycled bottle plastic should handle water well :grin:

3 Likes

Did your dearler confirm it will be MSRP? Dealers around my area are dodging this question. Sounds like they still don’t know how much Volvo will pay them for this.

Yes - my dealer confirmed MSRP. DC dealers never really went above MSRP on Volvos from what I know.

Put a deposit down with the Don Beyer dealerships - they put the customer first and don’t do shady things.

Which one?

Because Don Beyer is a big time democrat lol

Fun fact: he owns 0% of Beyer Automotive now. The one in Falls Church isn’t even Don Beyer Volvo anymore. It’s now just Beyer Volvo.

Yeah. His brother runs them, since Don was the ambassador to Liechtenstein, I think. They changed to Beyer (Volvo, JLR, KIA, Mazda)

1 Like

Safe to assume that the ex60 would look something like this?

Are you saying that this is bad?

Probably, which isn’t bad imo, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Where did I say that? There is a “?” in my reply.

Oh, missed that at the bottom.

2 Likes

The EX-en are on tour

https://www.volvocars.com/us/l/retailer-tour/

4 Likes

Sept 18th for me! Mission Viejo